Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP help!

i got a couple questions so i hope someone still plays this game

1: How do i take over an underwater city?

I've been bombarding with a stack of 9 Battleships (for over 20 turns) but i can't destroy it.

is it even possible to destroy a city with bombardment alone?

2: An enemy used an Infector on one of my cities, how do i get rid of the virus?

thats all, thanks

To capture a sea city, invade it with Marines from a transport/crawler, or Swarms. I think you can also invade with ships (just move the ships into the city instead of bombarding)... but the AI never gets sea cities in my games any more, so it's been a while since I've had to do it.

One thing which I remember which does not work is to build an underwater tunnel from the land to the sea city. You cannot move troops into a sea city along such a tunnel. (Why, I don't know... it just can't be done.)

I don't know whether you can destroy sea cities with bombardment alone... I've never tried. Once you've killed off the defenders and reduced the population to 4 or less, just capture it and disband it. (Since the pop is <= 4 when you move in, it'll lose 1-2 citizens and therefore be <= 3 after the invasion. Since it's <= 3 you can disband it.)

You can't get rid of the Infector virus... it'll go away after a few turns. It's better to prevent the Infection in the first place (preferably by conquering the offending civilization).
    [This message has been edited by Gregurabi (edited January 18, 2001).]

Comment

I'm purely speculating, but building hospitals in an infected city might reduce the time that the infection roams... I've never had much trouble with infections since I always build the immunity chip wonder...
      You know the question, just as I did.
      What is the matrix?

Comment

thanks

the virus went away after about 3 turns

By the way----
        The infector is stealth, what units can see them?

I can't build marines yet, is there any other unit that i can use to attack underwater cities?

Comment

You might want to check out the Units.txt file in this directory: activision\call to power\default\gamedata\ or whatever the directory is. You can check all the units for flags there. The flag that allows units to take underwater cities would propably be something like: can_take_underwater_cities...
          [This message has been edited by Cannes (edited January 19, 2001).]
          You know the question, just as I did.
          What is the matrix?

Comment

Working...
          X