Multiplayer Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Setup

I would like to try the multiplayer setup from my notebook which is connected to the internet via my LAN i.e I have my TCP/IP settings configured correctly to access the internet.

However when I choose the connection type "Internet" I am told I have no dialup set.

Is there something I need to set?

Could your firewall possinbly be bouncing back the games attempts to contact the game servers. Some firewalls block anything that isn't a browser or mail client. I have heard of firewall problems with Napster and mIRC.
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

No. We don't use a firewall. I think CTP doesn't get that far. It seems to assume that you are using dialup. Saying that I do have dialup installed and I would exptect CTP to at least try to launch the dialup. The error message is pretty much instant.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by sjbagley on 01-08-2001 09:23 AM
        No. We don't use a firewall. I think CTP doesn't get that far. It seems to assume that you are using dialup. Saying that I do have dialup installed and I would exptect CTP to at least try to launch the dialup. The error message is pretty much instant.

The error message is not well chosen. Activision assumes you are using dial-up to connect to the internet. The game just check to see if you have an active internet connection. So you must be hooked up before you launch the CTP. I have a DSL connection and have no problems.
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Bingo ! I had to go to my Internet Explorer settings, Tools, Internet Options, Connections and choose "Never use dialup". I generally have it set to use dialup whenever network connetion is not present.

I think this is something that should at least be documented somewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X