Won't run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't run

I'm having a prob getting the game to run on either PC at home, a PII 350 and an Athlon 750. The PII just gives a black screen, the Athlon runs for a while and freezes. I'm running Win ME (God knows why) - Have downloaded the 1.2 patch. Any ideas?
    Bucko!!!

Already tried to download the latest drivers for your video/sound card? And if I where you, I would strip WinME from your PC and get back to Win98. WinME is a !
    %#$!£¾ pain in the ass.
    Blame Gate$

Comment

t0mme
      Settler
      Zuidhorn, Groningen, the Netherlands
      Dec 2000

Hahaha lol you have hit the nail on the head it is utter turd.
      In fact there is talk on a law suit.
      On all the help forums I have been on when you see winme and I found the solution, you open it to see they in fact have solved it by just that REMOVE IT. lol

B-U-C-K-O
      Settler

sorry i can not be of better help to you
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

I think the biggest problem with WINME is the auto-updater. Direct X 8.0 was causing extreme havoc with some of my older Direct X programs. I went back to Direct X 6.0, and when I wasn't around the auto-updater downloaded Direct X 8.0. My daughter hit ok when it asked to install. It also down loaded WinME drivers for my network card that caused a conflict with my DSL modem drivers. After that happen twice I said forget WinME and went back to plain old Win98. WinME is a very good operating system, but the backwards compatability is not so good. I would recommend WinMe only to people getting new systems with it preloaded.
        "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
        X