a revolution every time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a revolution every time?

Every time I play the game, about the year 2220, I have a mass revolution in my civialization. I go from 90 cities to 10. Why? How do I stop this. I have plenty of happy points.

quote:

Originally posted by novodka3 on 11-14-2000 08:06 PM
    Every time I play the game, about the year 2220, I have a mass revolution in my civialization. I go from 90 cities to 10. Why? How do I stop this. I have plenty of happy points.

Are you building AI Entity? That causes mass revolts.
    [This message has been edited by Sabre2th (edited November 14, 2000).]

Comment

Either that, or you have a lot of slaves and someone built the Emancipation Act. Or you were relying on a wonder like Contraception for your happiness, and it became obsolete.

Unlike Civ2, you don't get a turn of warning before unhappiness causes revolts. If the AI researches a tech (or finishes Emancipation) after your turn, your cities can lose their happiness points and revolt, without your ever having a chance to do anything about it.

The only defense against this is to keep an eye on the AI, and if you think it's about to do something that could be dramatically bad for you, make some excess entertainers in key cities. Move some military units out of your cities so that you can recapture your cities should they become compromised. (You can't bribe units in CTP, like you can in all the other Civ-based games, so your units in the field don't need to fear AI spies.)

Comment

I thought contraception did not become obsolete.

quote:

Originally posted by Gregurabi on 11-15-2000 09:18 AM
        Either that, or you have a lot of slaves and someone built the Emancipation Act. Or you were relying on a wonder like Contraception for your happiness, and it became obsolete.

Unlike Civ2, you don't get a turn of warning before unhappiness causes revolts. If the AI researches a tech (or finishes Emancipation) after your turn, your cities can lose their happiness points and revolt, without your ever having a chance to do anything about it.

The only defense against this is to keep an eye on the AI, and if you think it's about to do something that could be dramatically bad for you, make some excess entertainers in key cities. Move some military units out of your cities so that you can recapture your cities should they become compromised. (You can't bribe units in CTP, like you can in all the other Civ-based games, so your units in the field don't need to fear AI spies.)

Comment

Check the great library. In the original CTP, Contraception becomes obsolete with the discovery of Alien Archaeology. (Of course, it may be different if you're playing a mod.)

Comment

Working...
          X