Install the "play CTP as it should be"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install the "play CTP as it should be"

I down loaded the CD's 4.2 mod but when I loaded it it wont run. I get error messages for scrip.slc 2882 - 2891 not found in string data base. These have to do with terrain. game will come up but not trrain shown. can anybody help me?
    He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

I have the same problem, except that after pressing 'OK' on the 10 error messages that appear (one for each terrain type) the game will run (via the system tray), and the terrain types do appear in the game - at least the ones I've come across. This is after loading patch 1.2 before the 4.2 mod. I'm also in the UK, I don't know if this makes a difference. In my case, is the mod loaded correctly, and is the modified game running as it should?

Comment

Well, well, this is an old problem. I'm not sure where, when or by whom it was fixed, but I have the correct file installed, so here are the lines, from "help_str.txt"

But first a little instruction.
      In the 'help_str.txt' that CD shipped with mod 4.2 there are 10 lines missing each starting with 'CONTROLPANELWINDOW_' they are the lines below. To install them just open 'help_str.txt in Notepad and add the lines below. Remember not to breake the lines.

Code:
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_DESERTS "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform desert tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into desert is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_FORESTS "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform forest tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into forest is 820 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_GRASSLAND "Toolmaking is required to terraform grassland tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into grassland is 450 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_HILLS "Explosives is required to terraform hill tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into hill is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_RAINFOREST "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform jungle tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into jungle is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_ALPINE "Fusion is required to terraform mountain tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into mountain is 8020 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_SAVANNAH "Toolmaking is required to terraform savannah tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into savannah is 220 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_SWAMPS "Industrial Revolution is required to terraform swamp tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into swamp is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_TUNDRA "Advanced Composites is required to terraform tundra tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into tundra is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_GLACIERS "Advanced Composites is required to terraform glacier tiles.  Minimum cost to terraform a tile into glacier is 4020 PW."
      Another solution is to download the entire Apolyton pack, wich includes CD-mod 4.2 and the graphics, but then you'd have to uninstall CD-mod 4.2.

Martin the Dane
      Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
      Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
      X