Globesat not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globesat not working?

I haven't played CTP too many times, but on every occasion that I've built the Globesat wonder, there seems to be no effect. The map isn't revealed, and there is no 'radar coverage of the world'.

I always liked the Apollo Program wonder in CivII not just for the space race, but to finally be able to see exactly what the AI civs have hidden. Does anyone know if this is a recognized bug? And better yet, how I'd go about fixing it?

Thanks for your help!

STYOM
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Download and install the 1.2 patch. That fixes the Globesat problem. You can find the patch here in the CTP downloads section or on Activision's site.

Comment

Thanks - should have thought of that myself!

STYOM
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

But players of non-patched CTP lose time and resources for creating a Wonder that gives no benefit. Unfair.

------------------
        Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver: that's why the patch is there in the first place....to correct the bugs in the game. It's a free download.

It doesn't change the game. That's what the mods do.

Comment

Help!

Has anyone fixed the problem where I can't select "capitalization" from the city build options list - I'm fed up with buying and selling SDI systems every other turn...

Chris Horscroft

Comment

Working...
            X