newbie sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie sort of

I have a few questions i hope someone can answer?

What game settings would it take to have 12 cities, communisim, over 200 troops mostly cannons and muketeers, mines, tile improvements, railroads built and a science level equal to edisons lab in 100 turns? Like how does one do that?

Next I have noticed after crashes on restarts there are differences to the game like mines that were not there before, other improvements also and city population decreases and the wierd one zero population increases even after 200 turns is this the patch?
    I never saw this before the patch?

Lastly how do i view a saved game file so as i may learn from it? (Multiplayer)

All ways looking to improve my game...

Blackice
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

blackice:

quote:

What game settings would it take to have 12 cities, communisim, over 200 troops mostly cannons and muketeers, mines, tile improvements, railroads built and a science level equal to edisons lab in 100 turns? Like how does one do that?

Do you mean to start the game with?

quote:

Next I have noticed after crashes on restarts there are differences to the game like mines that were not there before, other improvements also and city population decreases and the wierd one zero population increases even after 200 turns is this the patch?
    I never saw this before the patch?

That sounds very odd to me, never heard of that. Maybe someone else has some ideas...but perhaps you could include all the settings you use as well, what you have installed. What are the nature of these crashes? Are you rebooting after a crash? What sort of messages do you get when it crashes?

Dunno about multiplayer, sorry.
    Existence is Futile.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Nordicus on 10-11-2000 12:33 PM
      blackice:

That sounds very odd to me, never heard of that. Maybe someone else has some ideas...but perhaps you could include all the settings you use as well, what you have installed. What are the nature of these crashes? Are you rebooting after a crash? What sort of messages do you get when it crashes?

I mean from a fresh start an opponent did that to me.
      Never seen anything like it before so i thought i would ask if it is possible then how do you set the settings and what do you need to do to achieve that type of results?
      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
      Or do we?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Nordicus on 10-11-2000 12:33 PM
        blackice:

My appologies i meant to say freezes (game freezes)
        The game freezes you are sent back to the main room
        when the opponent comes back and we restart the game i have noticed these changes. Any ideas? Is it the 1.21 patch? Something else?
        Thanks for your replys

Blackice

Or do we?

Comment

quote:

My appologies i meant to say freezes (game freezes)
          The game freezes you are sent back to the main room
          when the opponent comes back and we restart the game i have noticed these changes. Any ideas? Is it the 1.21 patch? Something else?
          Thanks for your replys

Geez...no, I can't think of what the heck that might be. When I used to have freaky stuff happening, I quickly uninstalled and re-installed...never had any problems once I did that.
          Wouldn't be the hack (1.21 patch), cuz then it would be more commonly reported.
          I would try that and see if it repeats itself.
          Yeah, unless someone has a better idea I would give that a try first. Lemme know if it helps
          Existence is Futile.

Comment

Thanks Nordicus

I will give that a try.
            Any ideas on how to achive such a fast start like the first post question i had?

Regards
            Blackice
            Or do we?

Comment

This is an easy one my friend!
              Your opponent most probably started in MODERN..maybe $1 Million in Gold...with 9 settlers..and then found a few settlers in ruins..I do it all the time VERY feasible..to find a few advances real quickly..maybe even built Gally Scope...put a few cities on PW...and set PW to 50-60 or better..to get tiole improvements.

God Bless

Brother Bruce

A.K.A. DrDanger..The Former PATTON..The current Red October

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DrDanger on 10-19-2000 05:41 PM
                Your opponent most probably started in MODERN..maybe $1 Million in Gold...with 9 settlers..and then found a few settlers in ruins..I do it all the time VERY feasible..to find a few advances real quickly..maybe even built Gally Scope...put a few cities on PW...and set PW to 50-60 or better..to get tiole improvements.

God Bless

Brother Bruce

Thanks for your reply Brother Bruce

I would believe that as i have done that myslf.
                But this was a 1x1 game and we each started with 5000 gold and four settlers. medium world so i am still left miffed as to how you can achieve that.

blackice

[This message has been edited by blackice (edited October 19, 2000).]
                Or do we?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by DrDanger on 10-19-2000 05:41 PM

God Bless

Brother Bruce

Thanks for your reply Brother Bruce

I would believe that as i have done that myslf.
                  But this was a 1x1 game and we each started with 5000 gold and four settlers in ancient time. medium world so i am still left miffed as to how you can achieve that.

blackice

Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                  X