Ai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ai

Does the AI learn from the games they play?

Open the AI code and read, if you can understand it. Well, it's not so hard to understand, in fact. But that will take a lot of time. You can print it, but you'll need tons of paper.
    It seems to me that AI watches your tendencies during a game, but forgets it after the game ends.

------------------
    Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The AI doesn`t learn. It has no artificial intelligence.
      For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.

Comment

LOL! Lord Silvi, what do you think the letters AI stand for?

But what you mean to say is correct. The AI doesn't have any self-learning capabilities. It doesn't adapt its tactics to those of the human player. It *does* however remember things, so if you make an agreement and you don't keep your word, the AI will remember that and be less likely to make agreements with you in the future (unless you 'regain' its trust). One could see this as learning as well, but only in a very basic form, it doesn't go much further than this.
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

That remembering of breaking treaties only works in the same game. In the next game you start with a clean slate.

Comment

Locutus: The computer controled tribes should not be called AI. They should be called NI. Or at least Non Player Character.
            For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.

Comment

You have a point there!
              [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited October 03, 2000).]
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
              X