Perfect defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect defense?

I just thought that late in the game it is possible to create an untakeable city. You need to station 9 units inside – one of them should be Lawyer, enabling you to see other invisible units, other 8 should be defenders with the best defsne in the game. If you can, put 8 Leviathans there. They can do active air defense, and they can attack from the second line of an army. You’ll need a Force Field and City Walls there. If Nanite Defusor isn’t build, create SDI there. Well, and if this city is created in mountains this will make it even harder to take. I’d say the only way to take such a city is placing about 30 good attack unit here for the first wave, and 30 more for the second way. For example, 20 Space Marines helped by 10 War Walkers attack first, then comes a group of about the same helped by some Bombers. Of course, Leviathan is the best attack unit, which, in fact, is able to crack anything in large numbers, but it’s so slow and can’t move through the space. It’s expensive and takes a long time to create such a powerful city, but if you can, this will give yor enemies lots of pain and thoughts.
    I’ve never seen such a city in real life. I’d like to know if anyone seen this, and how would you crack it. The problem is that in the game there’s defense for almost everything. You can defend yourself against Nukes with SDI or Nantie Deffusor, you can defend yourself vs. most special units. Secret Agency Wonder for Spies, Anti Virus Wonder for infections, and a Lawyer in the city to see the other units. The only thing without defense is probably the Eco-Ranger. The only way to counter it is to see it before it does its work. If, for example, an Eco-Ranger gets dropped near your city from Space, and if you don’t see it in the next turn, you’ll lose the city – park will be created. Actually, sometimes I really hate enemy Eco-Rangers, but I always love mine. They’re so beautiful and make cool sounds Hope to see suggestions on defense here.

------------------
    Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Hmmm...I don't think it would be worth it to crack such a city...personally, I'd destory everything else that civ had first, which would make taking that untakable city easier...

If I had to choose a way, I'd send a horde of cyber ninjas to send it into another civ (or barb), and just sit back and laugh at whomever was foolish enough to put everything in one city.

:P

-KhanMan
    Odin, Thor, and Loki walk into a bar together...
    -KhanMan

Comment

Sure, that's a good way to beat it. However, it might cost you lots of gold to initiate revolts, especially if some Cyber Ninjas fail the operation. But it's clever said...

------------------
      Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

If I need to take this city, I will build a space city
        on top of it, then I will use space bombers.
        Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

Originally posted by slamp
          If I need to take this city, I will build a space city
          on top of it, then I will use space bombers.
          I see one problem with this. If you build a space city right one top of this un-takable enemy city, can you bombard the city on the ground. I would think that the "not allowed" symbol would pop up. I've never had this problem so I don't know.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
          No, I can't beat the game on deity level with 16 civs and raging barbarians and, and...

Comment

Leviathans can counter-bombard Space Bombers.

Building 60 fusion tanks may be enough to take out a city full of Leviathans . . . but that's more expensive than the 8 Leviathans.

Obsolete the Agency, then use Spies/Cyber Ninja's to cause revolts. Money may not be so bad, given how much $$ one makes in the late game.

Or, use Televangelists to make the city very unhappy (Soothsay + City Conversion = major discontent!). A simple road up to the city will get the Televangelists past the Lawyer's lookout.
            SoulFisher
            _________|
            I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. -- Galations 2:20 (paraphrase)

Comment

Working...
            X