Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I use Multiplayer options for Single Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I use Multiplayer options for Single Player?

Hello,
    Does anyone know of way to play a single player game with the options available in the multiplayer create game screen?

I really want to be able to pick which civs I play against, change their starting settlers, exclude certain wonders and buildings, etc... but these options only seem to be present in the Multiplayer LAN setup screen. I also checked under hotseat, PBEM but they just use the standard single player game setup options.

I tried to setup a LAN game and it worked with just one player and the rest AI but I had to be connected to the internet for it to work and when I disconnected manually the game crashed. I was wondering if there might be a way to make the game think that it is on a network or the internet when you aren't actually connected to any type network so that I could play with extra setup options without using up online time.

Yes I know that I can make a mod to do all of these changes but it would be a lot of work and it would be faster and easier if they had the multiplayer options for single player games (I'm don't see why they didn't have the same options for both)

-Hoplite

Here is one sure way to do it my friend...

#1)Start a Multiplayer game..any settings you want....exclusions and so forth...

#2)Make sure you have dynamic join on..

#3)Play as long as you want..then save game..Remember what year it was you saved..I.E...140 A.D..ect...(for arguments sake..lets say your George Washington of Americans)

#4)OK..in your Activision Folder..open the following path...D:\Activision\Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp\save\games\George

(IN THIS CASE..my Activision is in my "D" Drive as I have 30 GIGS..with 3 HD's)

**This is your Single player directory**

Now Shrink this screen..(upper right of screen..a small line in a row of three boxes)

#5)..OK..now open the following path...D:\Activision\Call To Power\ctp_program\ctp\save\mp\George..Go the the year you saved..(say for arguments sake it was 140 A.D.)..Click on that year file..and drag..(One motion)..into the single player file directory...HINT:..I'm not sure if you know how open a file..but when you click and drag..just hold the file your dragging above the shrunken file..it will open up then let go..and it is in that file.)

#6) Now simply go to single player option and start a game...and the file you imported from Multiplayer is now in Single player..!!Enjoy!!

HINT!!.I some times start a MP Game...in Modern..or Renaissance..BUT when i save/load into single player...When i start a new city..it wont come with all the advances like when you start a MP Game..(walls temple marketplace and such)it will simply start like an ancient city..and you will have to build those improvements...
    Hoped this helps and YES..I agree EasyMod 3 is ok..but sometimes settings downt hold..like you cannot exclude wonders..or even keep them alive...or at least I haent figured out how yet..

Have a Blessed Day...
    God Bless..
    Brother Bruce Cronkite...A.K.A.DrDanger..The former "PATTON"

Comment

Working...
    X