Eco rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eco rangers

I’m sure many of you already know this, but Eco-Rangers rule! I started a new game only to try them out. I have never built them before but I kind of wanted to see what happened.

Is there any defense against them? Because it was relatively easy to drop them from space next to my rivals biggest cities. Being stealth units the only ones I lost were still in space (shot down by enemy space fighters) .
    I wonder if they’ll be included in CTP2? Ecotopia is not a government I’d pick unless it was near the end of the gane and I wanted to wipe out some guys, or I wanted to just conquer the world. Either way it seems like you need a big tech lead first since my civ lost momentum science and gold wise when I switched to ecotopia.

D4
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

I'd be guessing they won't be in it. Activision copped a bit of flack over futuristic (and unrealistic) concepts.

(They were pretty fun and effective though )

- MKL
    - mkl

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by D4everman on 07-30-2000 04:43 PM
      I’m sure many of you already know this, but Eco-Rangers rule! I started a new game only to try them out. I have never built them before but I kind of wanted to see what happened.

Is there any defense against them? Because it was relatively easy to drop them from space next to my rivals biggest cities. Being stealth units the only ones I lost were still in space (shot down by enemy space fighters) .

Possible defensive measures:
      1. Spies and defensive units everywhere. Spies see the rangers, defensive units kill them.

2. Leviathans in and near all cities. Needs to be coupled with (1) for best effect. The leviathans shoot down the cargo pods overhead. Freestanding leviathans must park on roads/rails/maglevs to force the ecorangers off-road (which slows them down).

3. If they have "active space defence", a space unit like the Star Cruiser. (I don't remember whether they have ASD.)

4. If you have "air" superiority in space, park stuff like phantoms or Star Cruisers around their launch points. Oh, yeah, and wipe out their space cities.

There are probably other possibilities.

------------------
      Blivets rule!
      Blivets rule!

Comment

Working...
      X