hello everyone, i need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everyone, i need a little help

Hi there everyone, I'm a new member in this board.
    Contrary to what you would normally expect, i don't have any problems or whatnot.
    I just spent 6 hours reading about 300 posts!
    So i can confidenly say that i'm CTP mod savvy
    I have to say thanks and congratulate everyone involved in the mods because they are doing a great job. I just landed on this site 7 hours ago and now i can't seem to let go!

However i do have some questions that after reading remain unanswered:

1) i noticed that in Wesw's website the 4.0.3 med mod pack beta is available for d/l. Even though this is considered an upgrade over the public 3.0, how come is it that it is significantly smaller? And why it does not come in 3 parts as the 3.0?
    Does it include the apolion's pack and the other goodies that came with 3.0?
    I really need to know cuz in Apolyton's website i cannot d/l some things such as the 1.0 Harlan graphics for 4.2.The links are unavailable. So i would have to d/l medmod 3.0 to get them.

2)Very simple request, i need some help from you guys I hoped someone would *still* have the original .exe of CTP (v.1.0)
    I really, really need it!!
    I'm hoping that if you compress it you will be able to send it. Otherwise i'm screwed......
    Please send it to my alternate address dragonkfb@hotmail.com or otherwise point me towards a place where i can get it.

3)I am very happy and suprised with the amount of tweaking that has been made to the game. This will certaily make it a lot better but, i was kind of doubtful about some of the suggestions for wonders (some of which didn't make it into the beta) because no longer seem wonders. Basically i'm strongly agree with Harlan's opinion of the july 3rd post in this board on the diversity of cultures that should be involved.
    Ankgor Wat and the pasteur institute,a mogn others he suggested, sounded really good and look as strong candidates, (one of my own would be "new world exploration" like the columbus voyage, it would increase overseas commerce AND improve slaver chances of success) whereas i was really skeptic about the US constitution and FDR's new deal, and a few others. I think the former ones represent an idea that transcended the boundaries of their terriories, while the latter two where improvements over existing custom in local traditions. Don't get me wrong I still think living without a constitution would be chaotic, but they are not really representative of revolutionary international movements or ideas throghout the times.
    In either way, i have to respect Wesw opinion and i'm in no way critizicing his work. After all, i'd rather have a new deal than not having a new wonder after all
    ...... as long as it allows construction of others and doesn't limit me to 64
    I'd like to help in the future, if anyone needs programming or testing to be done do not hesitate in dropping me a line.

4) Does Nordicus New trade goods v1.4 work with med mod 4.0.3/3.0?

Well, thanks for your help everyone, and please send me the ctp.exe

Good......um .....er morning!
    [This message has been edited by Dragonlord (edited July 30, 2000).]
    \ \ KURT FERBER
    \\---\\ Univeristy of
    _\ \ Richmond
    _\(o\ \o)
    _\/\ \ \ CIGL
    _\/\/\ @--@ campus
    _\/\/\/ \VVVV/ leader
    A.K.A.
    "Dragonlord"
    Go Spiders !!

The 4.0.3 beta requires that you already have Med Mod 3 installed. And Nordicus' new trade goods are included in the Med Mod.

Comment

Working...
    X