• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best game in Civ series?

Whats the best,
    Civ 2,
    Civ 2 TOT or
    Civ 2 CTP?

Definitely Civ2 if your main interest is in lasting challenge rather than eye-candy. I'm one of the born-again civers who have discovered they did not really know enough of the game until they tried the current challenges. Abandoning Civ2, without exhausting its strategic possibilities first, for a "successor" is (with some hyperbole) like Alladin's wife swopping the old lamp for the new.

Comment

i have played all the civs and i am starting to believe that CTP is acually the best game overall to date.

eye candy? i would say CTP did some very smart things that civ2 should of done to follow up the original. examples..unit stacking, bombarbments (maybe best), PW (cant tell me all those settlers werent annoying), etc i could go on.

not to take anything away from civ2 but it is starting to show that the game is outdated..CTP seems to be catching on, this is probably making activision wonder if they jumped the gun on making CTP2.

hours logged civ2 would win...but CTP is the better game...even if you are on the fence the so called "eye candy" that CTP has -> would break any close decision that you would have!

------------------
      AKA WIL, AKA MINOR-THREAT.
      PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

"LOPPING OFF PEOPLES MELLON IS WHAT I DO BEST" 1997 QUOTE FROM OJ TO THE SATAN PRESSES
      [This message has been edited by OJ (edited July 27, 2000).]
      AKA WIL, AKA MINOR-THREAT.
      PLZ DONT CALL ME OJ

"LOPPING OFF PEOPLES MELLON IS WHAT I DO BEST" 1997 QUOTE FROM OJ TO THE SATAN PRESSES

Comment

Well it isn't CTP. The main purpose of this game has become to serve as a warning to other designers.

Comment

Working...
        X