Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expanding City Radius Tiles to be worked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanding City Radius Tiles to be worked?

Is it possible to expand amount of tiles to be worked in a city radius?

I havent tried this and was wondering.

Second Issue)
    I understand you can build a Listening Post, but could you make it so a city "sees" more territory without a Listening Post? (Exposes more visible tiles to watch for an enemy?

I mean, if you have a small colony you could only see so much, but if you had a Megacity, say in the Order of New York, then it would stand to reason you should have greater visibility??

Thanks

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Well it looks like the city radius is hard encoded. I don't see any file in the CTP1 directory relating to the city size.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Indeed. In CtP2 it could be done both through the text files and through SLIC (the visibility issue, at least). In CtP1 you can't do it through either
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thats a Negative on both parts I take it?

Ok, again, just looking for ways to "re-invent" the wheel or in this case CTP!!
        Appreciate it and If I have any more Hairbrain ideas, well, I am sure you folks can straighten me out!!

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Dunno how belated this is, but congrats on the grandchild Troll
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            Dunno how belated this is, but congrats on the grandchild Troll
            Thanks , he was born February 10th and is doing great!!

I love my little buddy and will of course eductae him on my small limited knowledge of CTP!!

Appreciate the comeback!

Peace unto you and yours!

Grandpa Troll

Comment

Just scratching my head here, but through SLIC, I have been able to give myself "X" PW for each citizen each turn when a city has a granary.

Works great!

Now, if I allowed Listening Post to be available say at Age of Reason instead of Electrification, I wonder if somehow it could be a city improvement instead of a tile improvement..

Just thinking out loud, I wonder..if that possible.......

You see, in my scenario I am playing, I have all WW2 units available at start of game and only them PLUS Settlers can be built.

I also made it so trade routes and tile improvements cannot be pirated/pillaged.

I was just wondering if any way a free Listening post could be given through SLIC for each city after say Age Of Reason.........

I am still toying, still trying to come up with something to work..

Peace

Grandpa Troll

Comment

You could add a new unit called radar.

Copy the city unit and make some changes to VISION_RANGE change it from 2 to fx 10

Add some more VISIBILITY_CAN_SEE_xxx classes

Remove unnesserary lines such as HAS_POP_AND_CAN_BUILD

Remember to change the UNIT_CITY name to fx UNIT_RADAR and add 1 in the number of units.

See if you can find a sprite looking as a radar, guess you should be able to use SPRITE_LISTENING_POSTS or SPRITE_RADAR_STATIONS from the installations.txt file.

It's perfectly in the spirit of your mod, that a radar is a kind of a unit and can be destroyed (I think). If you make it a unit, you might also be allowed to transport it to a place outside your cities or in the field.
                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I doubt that the sprites from the installation.txt will work. First these lines are outcommented. And no references are made to these sprites in the SpriteID.txt, and also the installation graphics are found in the *.til files. And that shows us how to make such a sprite if needed. Just use Martin's (the Dane) TileEdit, it should be found in the CTP2 section of the Apolyton directory that allows you to extract the graphic.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                  X