Max_Disband_Size ignored - Other way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max_Disband_Size ignored - Other way?

I'm using Ctp with 1.2 patch, 1.21 hack, CD Mod 4.22, world report, powerslics 2.00

I want to disband cities larger than size 4.
    I edited Const.txt MAX_DISBAND_SIZE 15(that exact spelling and spacing).
    Started a NEW game to test it out. Got to size 5, it wouldn't let me disband.

I tried every value on down to 5, it still said it wouldn't let me disband beyond size 4. I tried 2, and it still let me disband UP to size 4. So it seems this MaxDisband key is utterly IGNORED.

How do I make it let me disband cities larger than size 4?
    [This message has been edited by Paul D (edited July 09, 2000).]

Did you close CTP and load it from the start after changing the value?
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

I believe this is a limitation, and didn't get hooked up to the program. Either it will be sorted in CtP2 or it will be doable through SLIC.

Comment

Has anyone done this in SLIC yet?
        Could any of the SLIC experts provide advice on how this might, in loose terms, be achieved? I've never used SLIC to make anything, but am well based in programming so can pick up things easily. I just want the quickest line to a solution without learning the whole language for this one extremely annoying problem. I don't have enough vacation time left for it..

Comment

As I recall the first version of addpop didn't allow negative numbers... did the second patch change that?

How about binding to a key... with a city selected... what happens to the 'focus' when you use the key binding triggers? I'm not near CtP so I can't test it out.

Also... how about creating the settler after the city is depopulated?

Comment

Hi TheLimey, yes I know for a fact that negative #'s do work in the addpops function.

I have used it in some of my own triggers for a city buster when I need it.

Good Idea about binding and adding a settler after the city is destroyed.

------------------
            Gemini

Comment

Also cities could theoretically be bigger than 50... so that number may need to be increased.

Comment

Yes, good idea.

------------------
                Gemini

Comment

Hi PaulD, Yes I believe something like a disband city can be done through slic.

Here is an example, you'll have to excuse any syntax errors as I am at work right now and don't have alot of time.

You would probably need a message box to come up and ask you if you want to disband the city.
                  Code:
                  //put the city selected into my location variable disban
                  typelocation disban; 
                  typecity die;
                  trigger 'disband' when (city.selected){
                  //there might be a better way to trigger this than if a city is selected
                  extractlocation(city.1,disban);
                  getcitybylocation(disban, die);
                  message (g.player,'killcity');
                  //message asking player if he wishes to disband the city???
                  }

messageBox 'killcity' {

Text(ID_DISBAND);
                  	Button(ID_BUTTON_NO) {
                  		Kill();
                  	}
                  	Button(ID_BUTTON_YES) {
                  		message(g.player,'rundisba');
                  //if yes call the message box to disband city
                  		Kill();
                  	}
                  }

messageBox 'rundisba' {
                             abort();//do not show message but run code
                  addpops(die, -50);//city buster, decrease pop by - 50

}
                  Well that's about it, not sure if I got everything right but it might be just crazy enough to work.

You would have to also edit the strings text file for the text you want to be displayed in the message box.

------------------
                  Gemini
                  [This message has been edited by gemini (edited July 12, 2000).]
                  [This message has been edited by gemini (edited July 12, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                  X