Naval.aip and Supernaval.aip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval.aip and Supernaval.aip

Just started new game. Still using Wes' mods - and still missing an real AI navy.

I have altered the setting for all naval (and air) units i abovementioned files. And I have given the Nuke a very high value.

Now I will not tell you, that I do know what I'm doing - cause I'm not(just as usual - right Wes?)!

But until now (year 200 AD) 1 AI with a rather long coastline has "lots" of triremes (9) witch is more than I normally see.

Maybe I'll also get nuked, something I have not been yet in CTP....

I'll keep you informed of the game if you like (and ready to send you the changed aips - maybe someone can tell me what I'm really doing).

------------------
    Woodstock was here!
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Any news forthcoming on your game?

Comment

Yes - this is from the same game.

Something that looks like a "planned" attack - unfortunately not followed by invasion. Three SOTL attacking, one bombarding and the two others playing pirats.

They attacked and/or "checked" the area for 3 turns and then they left. I had nothing to send agains them.

Later on the same thing happened again (galleons). But at this time I was able to defend myself.

Later on - I see big navies, but not stacked in more than 2. But sometime it looks like 3-5 are "following" each others with a relative short distance between.

I see many interceptors, much more that I'm used to. I havn't seen helicopters yet.

At this time, there had been some small revolts. Due to the map scale, these small civs has raised to "veak" or "very veak" civs and that's fine. But they all have more-or-less the same color (lt. green and green) - and so has some of the "basic" civs. Until now I have gone to war 2 times with the "wrong" civ.

Therefore I started a new game, changed 9 colors sligthly and added 16 new colors (as usual I didn't know what I was doing, but I hoped).

Partly succes with this. All civs has now very different colors. But the little map in the lower-left corner looks like a painting from a mad artist - as a matter of fact, its useless. But I'm playing on.

------------------
      Woodstock was here!
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

So the computer still seems to be a bit non-committal with its navy, oh well.

Be interesting to see the results of nukes later on.

Comment

Partially due to Woodstock's reportedly weak AIs, I am working with Don and Wouter on having pre-made maps put out for the Med Pack. I hope to have the maps that I play *my* games on with the public release. If Woody reports weak AIs on these babies, then he just must be a world-class player.

Comment

Wes,

I am using one of your 'Random' Premade Maps as well as your European Premade map for testing the stuff Wouter and I are working on.

Let me know when you are going to update your site next and I will zip the dirs up and send them to you (provided Wouter doesn't object). I would be interested in getting some testing on them as well.

I would agree with you. If you play them on Diety and don't get knocked on your rear end, your cheating.
            Don,
            CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

This was not the right place to make changes.

Seems like the naval.aip and supernaval.aip seldom are loaded.

Instead I made the same changes in the slaver.aip and milmany.aip.

And that made some changes...

I had only had time to 3 games (the last is still going on) 2 first times I had to give up. Simply give up.

1st time, I was behind in tech. The leading civ put one cargopod after the other overall in my empire - just continuing. Tanks, WarWalkers, Marines. I lost city after city. This was certainly a real invasion, not by ships but via space.

2nd time was most like the 1st. Except this war was against my neighbour civ. I changed to communism, send lots of cannons, musketeers, cavalry and spy agaist his cities, trying to steal/conqour advances. Stopped by machinegunners and interceptors. One Interceptor took out a stack of 9 without problems. Going to cheatmode, I could see it was only a question of (short) time before my entire army was shot down.

Nothing else to do than quitting.

And now - well I continue, 3rd time. Maybe I´ll succed this time (bahhh.... don't belive it myself).

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
              X