No announcement yet.

Medieval Pack beta 5.0+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I think I have just answered my last question. I reninstalled the standard aidata folder from the med pack. Started a new game using the exact same settings and the map terrain was perfect. Two polar regions, a good placement of plains and grassland and no polar terrain squares in the centre of the desert part of the map.
    Is it coincidence or does the large aidata change the map settings?

Comment

I haven't updated the text part of the mod to use the Med Pack 3.0 folder, yet. When I do, it will be the Public Release verison. I am still updating a few text files, and I am going to see what is going to happen as far as Don's maps. I should be back here in a few hours with answers.

Ganja, the Large version of the modpack doesn't affect map topography, other than what is listed in the Large readme, so your experience must have been a coincidence.

Comment

The Public Release version of the Med Pack texts files is up at my site! I have created the "Official" thread for Mark to link the download to once he gets it posted here. For those of you who can't wait to get it, read the Public Release post, and then get it from my homepage.
        I was unable to get any maps from Don to include in the modpack at this time. However, we will get some of them up in a few days, I am sure. Then I can introduce you to the types of games "I" have been having these last few months.

Comment

Wes
          have finally installed the Med mod and am very pleased and impressed...kudos, buddy!

played a very limited game on the fly w/o any recourse to your documentation regarding improvements etc...had a grand time floundering about...the ai use of naval units is awesome, if initially daunting (was playing w/ 20 civs on gigantic donut)

Garrisons A
          Garrison Upgrade A
          Build Cue Empty? B+
          Diplomatic AI A
          New Units A++
          New Advances A
          et al...

will share more as I learn and grow

thanks a bunch

Comment

Why do plains generate 5 gold and the grasslands produce 0 gold. This seems to spoil the game a little if you have your cities on predominatley grassland areas. It seems now grasslands are areas to avoid.
            Has this been implemented in the med mod or has it always been this way ?

Comment

Working...
            X