Cannot install the 1.2 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot install the 1.2 patch

I get an error when trying to use the activision self extracting exe. It says it cannot find the game on my machine !!

Anyone know how to get this working?

------------------
    Click below for a good way to earn some extra cash :
    http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=11002028

hmmm, maybe your registry was screwn.
    Uninstall the Game. And install it again.
    Then copy the Patch into the same folder where you installed CtP and try again.

Ata

Comment

I have tried uninstalling the game several times, but still get the " game is not installed" error message.
      What are the reg settings for the game???
      I cold check them and/or add any missing lines.

Thanks

Comment

If your Registry setting are not correct then the install isn't working right and you will not gain anything by just adding the Registry items. (Patches upon patches upon patches, oh my. Not the way to go.) The Patch will install from any location and looks for a specific exe with a specific footprint. If you have a modified copy or have added the No_CD hack, it isn't going to work.

Get a utility to clean your Registry out and remove all traces of CtP. Reboot your computer, install CtP, reboot your computer again, start a CtP game, save a CtP game (most important, this adds/modifies files which prevents patches from working if they are not there), install the CtP V1.2 patch.

If this doesn't work, download the patch again. If that doesn't work, take your CD back and get a new one (or your Windows install is corrupt). Just make sure you reboot and start CtP between any updates you apply.
        Don,
        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Thanks for the advise, I did what you said, cleaning my registry has helped a great deal. I did not get the official patch to work, but have gotten a cracked 1.2 patch and this has worked.

Comment

Working...
          X