Question : City Building Distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : City Building Distance

Now, we all know that each City has a production radius of 2 squares. Is there a way to force the Computer AI to enforce that rule for themselves ? ie. we always find that the Computer AI is building Cities nearer than the optimal 4 squares apart. I'd like the Computer AI to build Cities at 4 squares apart. Is there any .txt file I can alter to enforce that ?

The exact same question was asked in the Creation Forum a few weeks back. Look here: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum11/H...tml?date=09:16

[This message has been edited by Locutus (edited April 17, 2000).]
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Check out the Med mod 3 thread as well. I have been fooling with this some more. I will have more to say on it later.

Comment

4 squares apart may not be optimal. If you build about 3 squares apart, you can expand faster, and your cities will be 1 unit-movement-point apart when you connect them with roads, so you can reinforce faster. (E.g., a Pikeman can be sent to a neighboring city in 1 turn if that city should suddenly find itself the target of unwanted attention. If the cities are 4 apart, then the Pikeman will take 2 turns to arrive.)

Personally, I tend to build 3 apart, except for the areas where I don't build anything at all (swamp/desert/ice), or where terrain dictates an irregular layout.

As usual, playing style and strategy differ for everyone, so do what works for you. If the AI plays like I do, then I can't really blame it.

Comment

Working...
        X