• CTP Hall Of Fame

when we are going to see a CTP Hall Of Fame,
    similar to the hall of fame in the CivII
    section?

just a thought, that came to mind when I
    was finishing my resent game of ctp.

------------------
    "Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

If there is sustained interest in having one then we will surely look into it. Those who are interested in having a CTP Hall Of Fame, please state so in this thread.

----------------
    Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

maybe we should have something on the
      ctp front page, to get peoples attention.

------------------
      "Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

You mean people actually pay attention to that stuff? After my first game, I never looked at it again.

The question is, how are you going to keep people from cheating? Using the scenario mode, it would be easy to produce totally bogus games with high scores. (This works quite well during the early testing of the later stages of a new mod.) You can also get around the fact that a scenario saved game is *supposed* to be a different color.

Having said that and knowing how honest the CtP forum users are ( ), I would be interested in seeing this added. Maybe it would garner some competitive spirit in the CtP World. It might also give me a reason to start looking at those scores again.

In addition to the Regular HOF, Apolyton Pack HOF, Medieval Mod HOF and Whatever HOF, I think an OCC (One City Challenge) HOF should be added. While this never caught on in CtP, it is quite fun and can be a challenge.

I would actually rather see (or also see) the Tournament HOF, that way it would be a true comparison.

------------------
        Don,
        CtPMaps at Apolyton
        Don,
        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Well I don't play single player games any more so I would be more interested in PBEM HOF or multiplayer HOF
          One Life One Game...

Comment

I agree with Tilemacho. I only play PBEM, as it's far more challenging, and the diplomacy is incomparable. PBEM players have to be good to win, and there are always witnesses to account for their expoits.

I am running a tournament called Lungmatch (of course ), and whoever wins it will have to deserve it. That winner will definitely deserve a Hall of Fame spot.

Comment

everyone deserves deserved credit, so yeah, I support the HOF...one for all, and all that

'never rub another man's rhubard'

Comment

In my opinion "One City Challenge" HOF is a must.
                ...anything else would be unCivilized...

Comment

Yeah finaly a hall of fame !!!!
                  *wonders why it had to take so long for someone to discover what was missing*

I mean nothing is perfect from the start
                  So yeah I'd like to see that HOF up and running.
                  And have people creating all kind of weird victory conditions and HOF positions....

So everybody let's get creative....

Now first for some sleep.....
                  Sweet Dreams

Zevvy
                  Sweet dreams
                  Zevaria the dreamster

Comment

Well, I hardly actually play the game anymore (apart from testing), but I'd like it. Then we could see who are the real deities around here.
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                    X