Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That pollution bug is still there after the second patch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That pollution bug is still there after the second patch!

hey guys sorry if this topic has been done to death lately, I perused and didn't see it discussed. The pollution bug I am referring to is when you discover gaia theory, all pollution disappears from the city screens. you can still see some pollution in the diplomacy check intelligence screen. This is a really big deal for me. I bought the game when it first came out and as far as I know it has always been there. Also, in a somewhat similar problem, at some point late in the game, happiness becomes fixed at 100, no matter what you do (ie maximizing work day and minimizing wages and rations). you might think this is a good thing, but your happiness is going down, you just can't see it. eventually your cities revolt. however, I don't have an exact time when this happens, I just know it happens after the pollution bug, which is itself pretty late. anybody else noticed this? I'm sure you have. anybody have a solution? I'm not so sure about that
    I gave you gonarrea because I thought you'd have fun with it.

-Kramer

Did you build the Egalitarian Act? All your current cities go to 100 on happiness for 5 turns. You can change rations, wages, and hours all you like, although I don't think the Act affects cities you conquer during that period. If you don't reset everything at the end of the 5 turns, all your cities could revolt.

I think the pollution stats in the Diplomacy Intelligence screen are one turn behind...not sure about that, but after I build the Gaia Controller, the screen is empty.

Getting correct info on pollution is a real pain in CtP IMO. The city tab and the Diplomatic Intelligence screens don't agree; apparently, the latter takes into account your government and the city tab doesn't. In other words, the city tab might show 66 for pollution, but if you have a high polluting government like Corporate Republic or Communism, the other screen might show 132. Anybody else see this?

Comment

you're probably right about the egalitarian act. it's the pollution bug that really gets me. It would not surprise me if the diplomacy/city screen pollutions do not add up, though I have never seen this. Not sure what else to say, just that when you discover gaia theory, the advance, pollution just goes from the city screen, and it doesn't come back
      I gave you gonarrea because I thought you'd have fun with it.

-Kramer

Comment

Hi!

I noticed another pollution bug: Long before the Gaia Controller the pollution screen for some cities was empty. The total pollution should have been none but due to cleaners. But in the left half no cleaners were listed and in the right no polluters.

Dani

Comment

Hi!

In my last game, the pollution was suddenly none after discovering gaia theory, just as moocow17 said, but also in the diplomacy screen none of my cities had any pollution. Same in the ranking screen. There was really no pollution caused by my cities.

Dani

Comment

Working...
          X