Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The game is too easy! Can it be changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game is too easy! Can it be changed?

I am not a very good player but I think call to power is too easy to play it. I played in king and I get REALLY bored. CAN ANYONE DO ANYTHING ?. I did not expect this from civ call to power since I have played the civ I and II and they were more difficult. I never played in DEITY on those games! Thanks for reading!!

Download WesW's Medievil mod, it includes early game changes plus the AAIP's (Awsome AI personalities I guess) Its hard enough to get a foothold in a game on KING with those

Before you do that though, I suggest reading the thread called "What mods should I get?" a little further down the page
    ~I like eggs.~

Comment

yat, the game is really easy, I'm playing deity right now, and it still bores me when i find myself entering the diamond age at the year 1900.
      i have to use the cheat mode to give the AI's unlimited Gold, so they could impose minimine threath.
      ==========================
      www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

I have just begun to play on diety and theres a huge jump from emeperor. I am only in 50 ad but the AI´s are way ahead of me. Does the AI automatically begin with a headstart or should I go a level or two down? Never the less it has become alot more interesting to play the game even though you can hartly see my power graph
        I suggest that you go directly to diety if you are in front of the AI´s at 0 ad

Notuncommon
        Regards
        Notuncommon

Comment

Hey, reading the answers I think the next civ must be more difficult. Can we do something, sending mails, or ...I don't know. There are so many "vote" stuff.
          An easy game is bored. A bored game is not sell Isn't it?

Comment

I don't know if you all have AAIPS installed (like ghen already suggested), but I'd really like to know if it's still that easy if you do. I didn't had the chance to test it out very thoroughly, but from what I've seen so far (and from what I've heard from others) it really makes the game a lot more challenging.
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Dida,

From what I've seen (not much) and heard (a lot) it is indeed good. The least you can do is give it a try. What can you lose? I'd like to hear what you think of it...

chapita,

The error "Government Fundamentalism not found in string database"? Hmmm, strange. I'd say you don't have the Med Mod installed properly because I have that error all the time when I start the game with a mod or scenario from Nordicus that is still in the testing phase. He has fundamentalism as a government in his ctp_data folders and I don't. I usually solve this by deleting the govern.txt from his scenario or replacing it by the original. Not a very elegant solution, but I only use such scenarios for testing (as they are intended). I think it can also be solved by adding the line GOVERNMENT_FUNDAMENTALISM "Fundamentalism" to gl_str.txt in your language\gamedata folder. Of course the best solution would be to reinstall the Medieval Mod or find out what exactly the problem is.

You can also install the AAIPS without the Medieval Mod. You can find it in the download section.

Update: Sorry I had not seen you had started a new tread about that error. Anyway, I looked it up and you're probably having this problem because you're using an non-english version of the game. Also, you need to add the line ADVANCE_FUNDAMENTALISM "Fundamentalism" to gl_str.txt as well. If you'll getting even more error messages (which is likely), read the readme files carefully and if they don't mention anything about this, at least post what version of the Med Mod you're using (in the other tread).

Locutus
              [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited March 14, 2000).]
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Locutus: FIrst of all, thanks for your attention.
                The version I am using is the english one.
                I have install first the patch 1.2 then the hack and then the apolyton pack.
                After this I put the AAI(bla bla) for CD.

till that moment everything ok!
                Now I have installed the medieval 2.1 (the ony version available in downloads) and I recevied that error. I 'll try to installed everything again (included the game).

Comment

okay, I will try the AAIP's after I wipe out the AI's in the current game.

It's simple to give them unlimited gold. Just go to cheat mode, make sure the AI is selected and than give them a lot of gold. maybe '9999999999999' so much that they could never run out of it.
                  www.forgiftable.com/

Comment

Chapita,

If you are getting that error, you have done something wrong during the installation of the mods.

Do the V1.2 upgrade, then the V1.21 hack, then the Apolyton Pack, then.....

If you install the Med Mod, you should do it next and skip the AAIPs completely. Wes has put them in the Med Mod.

If you don't install the Med Mod, you should install the AAIPs for the pack, not for CD.

------------------
                    Don,
                    Apolyton CtPMaps
                    Don,
                    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

after giving the AIs unlimited gold, I found them to be a lot more challenging now. Their power line on the powergraph goes up a great deal. But still, I'm fighting two wars with two nations at the same time. and yet, only 1/2 of my military power is used.

(I don't have AAIP's installed, is it really good?)
                      www.forgiftable.com/

Comment

How do you give de AI unlimited gold?

pd: I have installed it but I couldn't play it cause medieval patch gives me an error
                        "fundamentalism" bla bla

Comment

Chapita and I swapped a few emails, and he finally got it to working right. It wasn't a problem with the mod. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Comment

No problem no more. Thanks everyone. The pr was I installed some update for the cd graphics (I get from downloads). and it was F everything.

Comment

Working...
                            X