how do you use aircraft carriers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you use aircraft carriers?

specifically, how do you load say, a stealth bomber onto it? I try having the bomber sleeping in a city, and the carrier swings by and picks it up, a la civ2. come to think of it, I guess I don't know how to load any units on any ship. I've also tried moving the bomber into the carriers space at sea, then sleeping, but that doesn't work either. I have been playing this game for a while, so I feel pretty stupid asking. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me.
    I gave you gonarrea because I thought you'd have fun with it.

-Kramer

I don't think that you are allowed to carry Bombers with your aircraft carriers. Only interseptor, missiles and the other light aeroplane.
    One Life One Game...

Comment

hey guys thanks a lot. I think I will change the carrier so it carries bombers. just for curiousitys sake, how would I put helicopters, fighters, etc. on a carrier?
      I gave you gonarrea because I thought you'd have fun with it.

-Kramer

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dida on 03-14-2000 12:10 PM
        (does anyone knows how to get the Fighter back after installing CD's Mod, I really like that stupid little plane)

You can put it back in by simply going to your Units.txt file, finding the entry on the fighter there (it's called UNIT_FIGHTER) and deleting the line CAN'T_BUILD near the bottom of that entry. That should be all, but I didn't actually try this so if you're having difficulties, let me know. (It still won't show up in the Great Library but it should be in the game again.)
        [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited March 14, 2000).]
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Okay man, thanks, i guess it to late and i will try it tomorrow. I will let you know the result.

to load a plane into a carrier just click on the plane and then click on the carrier which you want it to be loaded in.
          ==========================
          www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Aircraft Carrier won't carry big stuff such as a bombers, stealth bombers etc. It works only with Helicoptors, Interceptor, space fighters, Fighters, and missile. If you want to moderfy your carrier so it will work with bomber, you can change the file in units.txt.

(does anyone knows how to get the Fighter back after installing CD's Mod, I really like that stupid little plane)
            [This message has been edited by Dida (edited March 14, 2000).]
            www.forgiftable.com/

Comment

I think we should creat another Aircraft Carrier - a bigger one that will carrier all kind of air planes. and also with higher defense point, and the ability to see stealth units and subs.
              www.forgiftable.com/

Comment

If you want to carry bombers on Aircraft carriers, then you could change the special flag SIZE_LARGE to SIZE_MED for that unit. Then the Aircraft carrier should be able to carry those.
                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                X