CTPMaps Opens It's Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTPMaps Opens It's Doors

Some think that CTP was saved by mods(I still think it's good game without any mod ). well, yesterday it was saved for the second time: we're proud to announce Don Blevens' CtP Maps site!!!

[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited March 10, 2000).]

Excellent work!
    Existence is Futile.

Comment

Don,

I knew you were making a website, but you didn't tell me it would be part of Apolyton! Imagine my surprise! Great work!

It does put some extra pressure on me to finish the flat-map support thing ASAP and that with two weeks of exams coming up... Well, I guess I'll manage, somehow .

Locutus
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I say it's a GRAND opening! Thanks Don and Apolyton!!!

Comment

Locutus,

Yeah, Dan and Markos were gracious enough to allow me to be part of Apolyton and I have to thank them for that. They have been a big help to me.

As for the SLIC, now that the site is public, I will have time to help finish it up. Of course, as soon as that is done, I will have to figure out how to port it to the Mac platform.

Don
          Don,
          CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Don,

It's good to hear that. Earlier today I sent you an email with some improvements I made yesterday to the existing code.

BTW I meant to ask this yesterday but I forgot: I'm already subscribed to the Apolyton Newsletter. Will your mailing list add anything to that or will the news of your site also be put in the Newsletter? (I'd like to stay up-to-date but I don't like getting the same info twice )

Locutus

Comment

Locutus,

Good point about the double mailing list. Let me talk to Dan and Markos first but I'm pretty sure I can just piggy back on top of their list.

Don

UPDATE: The CtPMaps news and new map notification will now be done through the Apolyton Mailing list.

[This message has been edited by skorpion59 (edited March 11, 2000).]
              Don,

Comment

All,

Stay tuned because there is more to come.

I currently have 272 distinctly different realistic maps to add to the site. (You didn't know there was that many maps out there, did you.) Pretty much every part of the globe will be covered and they will all come in multiple sizes. When that is done, I will add some of the better fictional maps.

The problem is, I have to find some kind of Searchable Database before I do much more. If not, it will get out of hand and be rather hard to find specific maps. Also, I want to add additional Civ2 info like the map creator.

In addition to that, I am putting together new map packs for the Apolyton Pack as well as Wes' Medieval mods.

If anybody else would like a specific Map Pack put together, like for their personal use, just email me and let me know what you want.

In short, for CtP, there simply will be no other place to go besides Apolyton.

------------------
                Don,
                Apolyton CtPMaps
                Don,

Comment

Wow!

This is great. Before CTP Maps opened I had a really hard time finding any maps save a few.

Thanks alot Don and Apolyton

Comment

Hey don, maybe you could have a thumbnail directory of the pictures, then when they're clicked on it could go to a larger image plus the discription?
                    ~I like eggs.~

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Locutus on 03-11-2000 12:03 PM
                      Can't you just use the same Database that is used on the CtP website (perhaps with some adaptations)? Just an idea..
                      something like that will probably happen
                      quote:

BTW, shouldn't you get a new title now?
                      working on it(small problem in the script after the latest upgrade)
                      [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited March 11, 2000).]

Comment

Ooh, I know.. An clickable image map of the world
                        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Don,

Good to hear the newsletter thing is cleared up.

272 huh? I eh...I...woow...I'm getting very dizzy all of a sudden...I think I'm gonna faint

You definitely need a searchable in that case. Can't you just use the same Database that is used on the CtP website (perhaps with some adaptations)? Just an idea...

BTW, shouldn't you get a new title now? After all, most other Hosted Sites people have one. In the least it'll be easier for the newbies to recognize you (and Warlord is a much too modest title for you )

Locutus

Comment

Ghen,

Actually, that is a pretty interesting idea (but not searchable). To bad you wouldn't be able to distinguish between 3 German maps, 15 European maps, 3 Eastern Europe maps, etc when you click on Germany. Although it could probably take you to another screen with a closer magnification or a listing of all maps which cover that area of the map.

My priorities are as little graphics as possible (especially heavy duty graphics, I hate slow loading pages) and minimum load on the server. Luckily, a 1000-1500 record Database should not put much of a strain on a server.

------------------
                            Don,
                            Apolyton CtPMaps
                            Don,

Comment

MAC support has been added on CtPMaps, as well as the system requirements(patches).

Thanks TheThirdJesus & Baston

------------------
                              Don,
                              Apolyton CtPMaps
                              Don,

Comment

Working...
                              X