Unlimited setlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited setlers

I just found a strange behaviour while playing winth CD's mod etc.
    After conquring a size two city, I captured a slave nearby, and he was ofcause sent to the newly conqured city. As it was placed to close to two other cities I decided to disband it, however it had a lot of left over production, so I decided to use the production to build a settler and disband the city in the next turn.
    To my surprice at the start of the turn I got the message, that the city had just increased it's population. At first I thought that it had also had a lot of stored food, but when I built/bought a new settler for the next turn the same happend. This time I had decreased the food production to below the consumption rate.
    I guess I could have continued for the rest of the game: One citizen and a bunch of slaves could easily have supplied me with ample settlers to settle the rest of the map. At least until emancipation
    Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
    Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Weird. Now what happend to me lately: The Dutch expelled my diplomat off their territory and instead it landed in the nearest city it landed in the last city that I founded.
    This happend 2 times now!

I am using 1.2 and the Hack and then aaips (original).

Ata

Comment

Often when you just conquer a city the population goes down by one or two. The next turn if there was enough stored food in that city already, the population will increase back to its original size.. If there's alot of stored food already, it doesn't matter how much is coming in. So when you built a settler, it did some computations saying that it could hold another population, so it grew again. Also, when you capture a slave the population growth thing pops up as well..
      ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I guess you are right. There was ~50 food, and the city only needs 175*Citizens stored food i order to grow, so when the city has no citizens the amount of food needed to grow is 0 (slaves don't count in the growth equation, only in city size).

A pitty you get negative score for adding a settler to an existing city.
        Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
        Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
        X