Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP 1.2 patch and Celestial Dawn's 422Mod

HELP!!!
    I am relatively new to Posting so bear with me.
    I have been desperately trying to get info/confirmation about the CTP 1.2 patch and Celestial Dawn's 422Mod. I have persisted with CTP since it's release - heaven knows why! and have, like all of us been disappointed (read pissed) with the deficient code and thus, poor product. I have recently taken the step to update to the 1.2 patch and have found that each time I have used CD's Mod, i have the same problems:
    the error messages appear regarding: controlpanelwindow_terrraswitches_(terrain type) were not found in the Slic string. Why? Am I alone and stupid here? Not if all what all your readers indicate is true!
    Apolyton tells me to talk to anyone else!
    Can anyone help?

Total

do you have debugslic=yes in the userprofile.txt? try that.

did you install the mod directly, or the apolyton pack?
    it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

There's a thread somewhere that says the best order to install this stuff.. basically, you start from scratch every time. Install CtP, then the 1.2 patch, then whatever else you want to add.

Here at Apolyton, its recomended that you get the 1.21 hack, then the Apolyton Pack(Including CD's work), then add further mods...
      ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Total,

That is a known problem with CD's 422 mod. You have to paste the following into the \ctp_data\english\help_str.txt file. It was left out when CD upgraded his mod for V1.2.

##Terra tab help
        ##added 7-2-99

CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_DESERTS "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform desert tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into desert is 1620 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_FORESTS "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform forest tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into forest is 820 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_GRASSLAND "Toolmaking is required to terraform grassland tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into grassland is 450 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_HILLS "Explosives is required to terraform hill tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into hill is 1620 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_RAINFOREST "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform jungle tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into jungle is 1620 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_ALPINE "Fusion is required to terraform mountain tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into mountain is 8020 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_SAVANNAH "Toolmaking is required to terraform savannah tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into savannah is 220 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_SWAMPS "Industrial Revolution is required to terraform swamp tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into swamp is 1620 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_TUNDRA "Advanced Composites is required to terraform tundra tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into tundra is 1620 PW."
        CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_GLACIERS "Advanced Composites is required to terraform glacier tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into glacier is 4020 PW."

A better alternative is to just use the Apolyton pack. It doesn't have the problem.

Don

Don,
        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Working...
        X