Trade advise needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade advise needed...

I don´t know if this is a stupid question or not, but i´ve been wondering if you´re able to sell your goods from the monopoly and thereby getting double profits? If not, are the 4 outgoing trade routes just in case you have alot of goods within the city (maybe if you had the goods quantity set to max)?

Notuncommon
    Regards
    Notuncommon

My understanding is that no, you can't double your profits. If you have a city with a monopoly on elephants (let's say with 2 in the city and 4 coming in from separate cities for a total of 6 elephants), then that it the maximum amount of gold that you can generate (at least internally) with those six goods. The monopoly generates a total of 210 gold each turn (10+20+30+40+50+60), which is pretty good money! You would need to get at least 60 gold from a foreign nation to break even for one elephant because you would be breaking up your monopoly and your profits would sink from 210 to 150 gold per turn because you lose one elephant from your monopoly. I think that if you look at the trade screen where you can review all of your trade, then you will get a better idea of what I'm trying to say here.

Comment

I just listen to the advisors, I never have enough caravans anyway.. expecially when crushing an enemy's 20 cities in 30 turns
      ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Ok then, when i´ve got 2 of the same good in one city that would naturally be the best place to create the monopoly, but then the only thing i would be using the 4 outgoing trade routes for would be if there were additionally 4 different goods within the city´s reach?
        I have never played the game with the maximum amount of goods on the map but it seems a little unrealistic for a city in real life to have 5+ goods in its surroundings

Anyway, thanks for the interest.

Notuncommon
        Regards
        Notuncommon

Comment

I think they actually limited the number of goods that could be around a square to be 4 goods to prevent more than that appearing. The maximum outgoing is not really there as you can't send more than 4 out. They did this by making sure no good was adjacent to another I think.

Comment

I think four sounded like a good number so they just stuck to it. Personally I've never had more than two trade routes leaving a particular city.

I guess four is as good a number as any and it just stops people from playing silly buggers and crashing the system :-)

Comment

Well, two trade goods can be adjacent to one another. I've seen it once, on max trade goods. It might be on the left-right edges of the map though.
              Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
              Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Working...
              X