Other civ´s in single player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other civ´s in single player

Is it just me or does the AI´s develop a little slower than they´re supposed to?
    I have just begun to play on Prince level and I were really happy, that I had found the level were i could get some competition, at first. I started out by continously being a bit behind, wich was great, but then around 1100 they just stopped developing!
    Now, in 1625, I have reached the modern age but the other civ´s are still in ancient (no. 1).
    I see little point in continuing the game due to lack of competition but I fear that I will get too far ahead after the first couple of thousand AD years if I begin new game on a higher level :P
    I think that there should be a larger margin between the levels in ctp so that you could get your behind kicked a cople of times before you have to move on.
    What do you think?

Notuncommon
    Regards
    Notuncommon

Try editing the diffsdb.txt file to improve the AI, or download one of the mods created.

Comment

The first 5 levels have only slight differences. There is a big jump from Emperor to Deity, though.

DiffDB.txt has lots of good ways to make the game tougher. The best, IMHO, is to change the AI advantages by age. Thus, the AI keeps getting an artificial boost each time it advances an age, and that may keep it competitive. Of course, these won't make it play any smarter...

Comment

Download any mod that contains the AAIPs. AAIPs make the AI much better.

Comment

Ok, i've downloaded the AAIP pack v1. It's from MacSoft or something like that, Does that mean that it's only for the Macintosh system?
          Regards
          Notuncommon

Comment

Hi wheathin!

What are the differences in the 5 levels?

Greetings from Dani

P.S: To Notuncommon: Yes the patch from Macsoft is for the Mac Version.

Comment

About the AAIP's:
              If all of the AAIP files are from Macsoft, then I won't be able to use any of them?

Is there similar files for windows users (better AI's and update patches like 1.2)?

Notuncommon
              (how do you make all the other animated smilies?)
              Regards
              Notuncommon

Comment

Hi!

Here on Apolyton are the Packs for Windows.
                There is the Apolyton Pack and the 1.21 Hack. Just download them.
                And the smilies are all in the Smilies legend.

Dani

Comment

The AAIP mods are also available here. You might want to try the medieval mod which includes the AAIPs also.

Comment

Working...
                  X