Subneural ad is inferior to Corporate Branch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subneural ad is inferior to Corporate Branch

Why? Supposedly it can do more. In reality it can't. The corporate branch you can launch into space and drop down wherever you want. The ad blimp you can't! Got to move this slow-as-anything fatso to the target, which takes forever.
    When you laugh, the world laughs with you.
    When you cry, the world laughs at you.

The Subneural Ad comes late enough in the game that even the least advanced civilization will have Democracy, and thus Lawyers, which limits the effectiveness of franchises. As fast as you slap 'em on, the AI will be removing them...okay, maybe not quite as fast, but it's only a turn or two behind you. I like franchises that last for centuries.

I've found the blimps to be great at attacks on happiness. If the city is unwary, the first attack always succeeds, and there's a 50-50 chance thereafter. You can send a barrage o' blimps against a city and drive it into revolt. Tons of fun if it's the enemy capital. Even better if the city has a civilization-critical Wonder like the Sensorium and the civ has sold off all its Hospitals, etc. Watch those yellow fists go up all over the map.

If you have the Egalitarian Act the city becomes yours. And it's not even an act of war...all perfectly legal.

[This message has been edited by lago (edited February 27, 2000).]

Comment

Actually if you use super blimp swarm (which I do in the endgame when most of my cities got nothing better to build anyway) I can slap on franchises faster than they can get rid of them, and then I air-drop lawyers to sue their lawyers.
      When you laugh, the world laughs with you.
      When you cry, the world laughs at you.

Comment

Another advantage of Sub Neural ads is that lawyers cant swim! If you end it's movement over water there is nothing those pesky lawyers can do to get rid of it. I love roaming up and down coastlines (where all the big money cities are usually found) staying just out of range of lawyers and reaking absolute havock!

Comment

Working...
        X