No announcement yet.

Medieval Mod 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the other hand I could probably do a new noble next week - Mediteranean style with a cloak based on one of my earlier sprites. Movements should be straight forward but any ideas for attack (should it have one) or death scenes?

Comment

To WesW and all:

A brilliant mod! I'm really having a little trouble with the AI and enjoy the new units!

Morgoth: Please do some more units, and tell us how to replace the old ones in detail. If only the ones in CD's mod looked as good as yours....

Comment

Morgoth, the Noble in CD's mod is a non-combat unit, so it wouldn't need an attack animation. Also, I can understand that it takes a lot of time to make a new unit and that you wouldn't want to redo existing units.

Comment

I made a typo in the uniticon.txt. At the bottom of the file, the Alpha Transporter's vari*.txt was misspelled vai*. Simply add the "r", and this will let you see the Transporter's stats and abilities.

[This message has been edited by WesW (edited January 02, 2000).]

Comment

Hi All,

Morgoth, I can understand your not wanting to redo work that has already been done, but I had to give it a try right?

Paul you are absolutely right about not having to redo any of the text files. Boy do I feel silly. I worked on those files long enough I should have known that. Oh well, it was a while ago.

I also agree that a new nobleman does not need to have an attack animation. He is suppose to be a diplomat. However, a death animation would be nice. Again that may not really be necessary either, more often than not, you would expel them not kill them, unlike say lawyers?

And how do you people get those neat emoticons down on the bottom to appear in the body of your messages?

Well that it for now.

Timothy Pintello

Comment

Tomothy, at the top of the page above the first message there are some links. Click on the faq link and from there go to the UBB faq to find out about smilies.

Comment

I think he means the *counting...* 19 message icons which, as far I could see, you cant get into your message. And I think there are just four emoticons which you can put in:

Dan
                [This message has been edited by DanMc (edited December 21, 1999).]
                Just a thought......

Comment

Tim, Paul, Wes
                  I should complete a new 'noble' sprite tomorrow or Thursday latest. I will send you a copy as soon as I've completed. I did most of the movement today so just the death scene and shadows to do.

Comment

Thanks Morgoth.

Timothy Pintello

Comment

Tim, Paul, Wes, Nordicus
                      Sent you a copy of my new Ancient Noble Sprite a short while ago. Let me kno what you think of it. It has all movement, attack and death scenes.

I decided to add the attack move in in the end (it didn't realy take that long to do as its a failry simple surrender move!). I know you can't see it in the battlefield view but you see it in the normal view if the unit is actually attacked by anything.

Tim - Katy is finally finishing off a new cavalry unit (movement is done and she's having fun with the death scene at the moment). If you liked the Jav Cavalry unit (I think you said you did I'm sure you'll like this one - its based on a Carthaginian Noble Cavalry man(or late successor)i.e. armoured with shield and thrusting spear.

Comment

Hi Morgoth,

Tell Katy thanks from me, I look forward to seeing her new calvary unit.

Timothy Pintello

Comment

From the New and weird file! I just saw the "Wastelands" (barbarians) conquer a civ in my current game! Not some 1 or 2 city twerp, this was in the 1200's and I have 8 Wasteland cities mapped so far, I just got to the area and had no effect on this conquest. I've never seen this before Awesome aips....
                          Mark

Comment

A viable Barbarian empire which is capable of expanding is proof that the improved AI files work. This is great news.

I have just started using it and it seems that if I am luck enough to find an AI early, I can take him out by playing very aggresively. The key is using slavers, groups of mounted archers, and going for alchemy (archers) as early as possible.

Comment

Doh!! Unfortunately all those barbarian cities were empty (I ran thru 10 of them so far)!Can this be addressed?
                              Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark H (edited January 01, 2000).]

Comment

Mike, Nordicus had made some changes to the Barbarian's behavior in the pre-public versions of the AAips. We decided to take them out just before we went public, so if the public version of them (including the Med mod 2) is the first version you have installed, there should not be any difference in Bar behavior from that found in an original game.

We sent out pre-public versions of the AAips as we went along, to those who requested them. When we took out the Bar changes, we deleted those files altogether from the mod. We didn't realize at the time that the Bar changes would stay in place for those people who had pre-public versions, since the altered files would still be in place.

I don't recall you showing before the AAips went public, so you are probably using the original Barbarian files.

(It took me about three drafts to get this post half-way readable, so don't feel bad if you have to re-read it a few times before it makes sense.)

Comment

Working...
                                X