cd mod 4.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd mod 4.22

Having trouble with installing it. After unzipping it to the ctp folder. And follow all the directions in the read me file. Then try to start it. It tells me that I am missing the different terrain slics. This object can be found in the ctp_data/default/gamedata. Can any body help with this problem.

Yeah, this is an old problem. The solution has been on the forum several times, and I found in useful to simply copy it onto a Word file, as I was frequently having to uninstall and reload CTP. I apologize for not remembering who wrote this in the first place! Just copy the part starting with "##Terra tab help" into your help_str.txt file in the appropriate spot.

UPDATE:
    Okay, I have been wondering why so many people were getting this error so I looked into it. Script.slc:2882 comes from CD's V4.22 Mod. Apparently he used an old (pre-1.2) version of help_str.txt because the 1.2 additions are not in it. In particular, the following is missing:
    ##Terra tab help
    ##added 7-2-99
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_DESERTS "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform desert tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into desert is 1620 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_FORESTS "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform forest tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into forest is 820 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_GRASSLAND "Toolmaking is required to terraform grassland tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into grassland is 450 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_HILLS "Explosives is required to terraform hill tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into hill is 1620 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_RAINFOREST "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform jungle tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into jungle is 1620 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_ALPINE "Fusion is required to terraform mountain tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into mountain is 8020 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_SAVANNAH "Toolmaking is required to terraform savannah tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into savannah is 220 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_SWAMPS "Industrial Revolution is required to terraform swamp tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into swamp is 1620 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_TUNDRA "Advanced Composites is required to terraform tundra tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into tundra is 1620 PW."
    CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_GLACIERS "Advanced Composites is required to terraform glacier tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into glacier is 4020 PW."

Comment

You can also download the latest version of the unit graphics for CD's mod which also fixes this problem. You can find it at http://home.planet.nl/~belt0018/graphics.zip (1.6 MB).
      [This message has been edited by Paul (edited February 18, 2000).]

Comment

Thanks for the help since I am not sure how to put in word file so I downloaded the graphics file thank you again for both of your help. Although when I run the game it keeps popping up an exclamation point for riots that reads Junkstring_DESCRIPTION_UNIT_CLERIC every turn do I need to delete this line or something
        [This message has been edited by ronin (edited February 19, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X