Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

13th Poll: What would you most want to see in an future patch/expansion/version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13th Poll: What would you most want to see in an future patch/expansion/version?

new poll(finally )....

final results on the bottom of the thread!
    [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited February 11, 2000).]

I want to vote for 1 and 3! Better AI is IMO as important as better diplomacy is! Maybe AI is even a bit more important. Will vote AI then.

Ata

Comment

3, 4 and 1 in that order.

1 would be very nice

3 is already very good besides the fact that it doesn't know how to fight. 2 simple little fix that would make a huge difference.

- Stack those ships.
      - Put a stack of units in those ships for an invasion.

4- The Scenarios of CTP could be fantastic. But the tools are unfinish.

- Flat Map support
      - Do you still have my list of SLIC fixes.
      - A Graphic Editor for units, goods, etc.

Above that new flags and other stuff would be goodies.

Other: Fix the Carry Over Time Option in Multiplayer so it actually carry over all unuse time even if the total amount to many minutes or hours. As it is the option is useless and multiplayer games drags on.

Comment

Hey Markos,

Pretty cool being able to vote from the forums. This should generate more votes. And, on top of that, we now get to come back and tell why. To bad we can only vote for one since the first four all need addressed. Decisions, decisions. Okay, I pick number 1, Diplomacy. The SMAC World Council really spoiled me.

Don
        Don,
        CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Personally I'd be happy if they just fixed the bits they didn't implement properly in patch 1.2 - the scenario support was so frustratingly close to being perfect, while at the same time being almost unusable. All that loading/saving/re-loading drove me round the bend eventually, and I stopped playing.

I haven't been around on these forums for a while, but it seems to me that patch 1.2 has actually killed the enthusiastic support this game had for scenarios, maps and mods. The creation forum is almost dead. It's such a shame.

Comment

Well, the 1.2 patch added the "Autosave", but it also gave me the problem of it suddenly quitting to the desktop so now I MUST use the Autosave function. I would definately like that to be fixed in the next patch. Also, it would be cool for the addition of new units/improvements/wonders to give the game a "new" feeling.

Comment

One option I would like is the ability to move slaves from city to city.

And sometimes you get attacked, and don't even get a message that something happened. The next turn, you notice that a unit is missing, and you have to guess, or turn on the cheat mode to see what happened.
              And I would like the show bombardment option to show more than just the last bombardment over and over.

Comment

I have already voted!?
                So, I changed my mind since then! Dam-nit anyway! I wanna vote twice!
                Existence is Futile.

Comment

My vote : 3, 5, 1 + 2, in that order.
                  Is it really too much to ask that the AI defend all it's cities with at least 1 unit each?
                  Mark

Comment

Mark H, that is one of the problems we have tried to fix in our Aip mod.

About the poll, I wish they had not decided to rename so many things, and not changed the code in the text files to match. I have spent a lot of time trying to find Hoplites and Greek Fire units, and I just spent 10 minutes trying to find Consumer Electronics. If they changed it, though, we would have to redo all our work, so it has to be left as is. You would think they (Activision) would at least do us the courtesy of posting all the things that have been renamed.

Comment

where are the catapolts??? The seige weapons...early warfair is almost impossible. I send armies of 9 (knights and archers) against 4 phalanxs (with city walls) and I loose...what am I supposed to do, where are my ballistas, catapults, seige towers?

Other then that, I vote for ai (navy, where is it?) and diplomacy.

Comment

How about scenario support that actally works?
                        Borders definately. The biggest failing though which is driving me back to civ2 is the unusable diplomacy model. Unfortunately, this needs to be scrapped and completely rewritten, no-one is going to justify this for a patch.
                        Anyone desperate to use catapaults should use CD`s mod.

Comment

Emperor: yes, it's extremely difficult to take walled cities in the early game. If you really want to do it, you'll need more than one stack of units. Try using three or four stacks of 9 (I prefer Samurai and Archers, instead of Knights and Archers). If your first stack kills off a Phalanx, that's one less for the remaining units to fight. Also, if your first stack inflicts damage on any of the Phalanxes, they remain damaged until the next turn, so your second stack will be facing wounded units.

Also, when your units attack, there's a chance that city improvements (including the walls) will be destroyed. So the second stack might be fighting an un-walled city, if you get lucky.

Generally, though, it's not worth the effort to try to take walled cities before you have Cannons. Your efforts will be better spent enslaving wandering AI units out in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by middle aged civver on 12-06-1999 07:18 AM
                            How about scenario support that actally works?
                            Borders definately. The biggest failing though which is driving me back to civ2 is the unusable diplomacy model. Unfortunately, this needs to be scrapped and completely rewritten, no-one is going to justify this for a patch.
                            Anyone desperate to use catapaults should use CD`s mod.
                            Check out the Awesome Aips thread about Nordicus' work on diplomacy. Our mod makes it much better now.

Comment

to be closing soon....

Comment

Working...
                              X