A question: The intricacies of making a scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question: The intricacies of making a scenario

Hello. Me again. I have a very simple question (I hope).

After making modifications to a map and saving it as a scenario (via cheat mode) I am inevitably unable to load the game. I always get a message 'Unable to find '.

Anybody know the work around to this feature?

SW

SW,

Actually it is not an easy answer. You no longer can just save a map and load it. You have to make a scenario out of it. Read the CTP V1.2 Readme.doc file. Near the end, it explains all about how to create scenarios. The directories, files and names you have to use.

The "unable to find" error is saying it can't find a map by the name you used in the first "Save Scenario As" dialog box.

When you do a "Save Scenario As", the first dialog box asks for the map name, you say MyFirstMap. The second dialog box wants the directory and name. You can use any directory but you have to use savegame.csg for the 2nd name. Now you cut & paste savegame.csg to the scenario directory (scen0000) and put MyFirstMap as the first line of the scenario.txt file in the scenario directory you are using (Scen0000). You also have to create a packlist.txt file in your scenarios main directory.

None of this makes sense now but after reading the readme it will.
    Don,
    CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

OK, thanks Skorpion. I'll give it a look.

SW

Comment

Any Mac users who are interested in doing this... the appropriate parts of the readme related to scenario building were thoughtfully removed by Activision in the Mac version. Bleh.

Don was kind enough to forward a copy to me... any other mac users who are interested, drop me a line.

_/\ C
        _/\ C
        Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Working...
        X