CTP sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP sucks

I think I just figured that out when I played it for the first time yesterday after having it for 6 months

___
    CtG
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Why does it suck? and why did you not play it for 6 months after you got it?

Comment

Don't know what your wingeing about. Personally I think its one of the best games particularly for multiplayer.

Now if you were to complain about SMAC I might have some sympathy!- because (personally) that was dire!

Comment

And pray tell what would your favourite game be? Twister Buckeroo - perhaps?

Comment

The resplendence and adroitness with which these people convey their well-thought-out critiques is always both dazzling and leaves me in taciturnity.
          It may be the result of being dominated by the AI, or perhaps not being held enough as an infant and needing some special attention in this area, or it may just be soliloquy.
          Whichever, I find them increasingly entertaining and less irritating
          So, please, continue your refined and comprehensive assertions; we are captivated by your Great words

------------------
          "There can be no maximum of creation without a concomitant maximum of destruction, no supreme good without supreme evil"--Heller, paraphrasing Nietzsche.

"The more passion for the argument, the less evidence for it"--Russel.

"Getting hit with a bat is the business of the victim."--Berzerker.
          Existence is Futile.

Comment

Caesar, better post something more than "I just figured out that ctp sucks"...
            [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited January 24, 2000).]

Comment

Ok, first of all the combat is not very good. Second of all the game is very complicated... this doesn't make it very fun. Third of all you can't edit sh*t. But I have to give it something. The space and underwater things are great inovations, but they good make the space graphics a little better... Stacking and bombarding are also very good concepts. Finally along the tech tree. I managed to get ALL the techs except Robotics (I just love the London exchange). I haven't tried multiplayer... that might be ok. Lastly I would like to say that civ2 and even SMAC are MUCH better games. Activision really f***ed up this game.

------------------
              "Its normal to be weird here and weird to be normal" ~ Brain

The only way to peace is through war. Conquer or be conquered

ET TV BRVTE

___
              CtG

I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

"You can't edit ****." ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, kid, check out a few threads around here, like the modern mod beta edition, and the medieval mod 2, etc.

And what do you mean by saying you managed to get all the techs except Robotics? You're *supposed* to get all the techs, eventually.

Maybe you should stick to stalking 11 yr. old girls.

Comment

I didn't think anyone read that... LOL, okay first of all I didn't play the tutorial. And I actually played the game again today and I found that it is actually not that bad, so I am sorry for all the harsh statements. he game is long... but thats similar to civ. Second of all, Markos how do you edit those things, I've been looking through some old threads and haven't found anything. The one thing that really bothers me in the combat is battle window things... just really weird. Also I think that the game is complicated, but now I understand it better. Although I still don't think it was worth spending 50 dollars on it, I shouldn't have critized it. But hey it got me some posts , and even though I was posting sh*t without superior reason, it wasn't spamming.

To ask you again how do you edit those things?

------------------

ET TV BRVTE

___
                  CtG

Comment

One last thing, are scenarios, ie ww2, possible? I would like to play WWII on this game, it would be great!! That would make my money's worth!!

------------------

ET TV BRVTE

___
                    CtG

Comment

I really love it when I see such posts

quote:

Ok, first of all the combat is not very good....
                      Stacking and bombarding are also very good concepts.

hmmmm, what exactly about combat is not very good?

quote:

Second of all the game is very complicated... this doesn't make it very fun.
                      if you want a not complicated game, get quake. all you do is shoot(more or less)
                      still, you're telling me that you cant play the game with just what you learn in the tutorial?

quote:

Third of all you can't edit sh*t.

sure. except from the number of civs, the unit attributes, trade goods, civ names, diplomacy pictures, the ai behaviour....

quote:

I haven't tried multiplayer... that might be ok.

never understood what was wrong with sigle player in the first place

Comment

I think everyone here would love a WW II scenario. Some of the people here have set out to do it, but without flat map support, it is very difficult. Maybe when Nordicus gets his world map finished, some of us will put one together.
                        In the meantime, about the closest thing will be the WW II units I am adding for the Modern mod.

Comment

Actually, I think it is possible to get a flat map, although you can't do it from the game interface. I think you have to edit something in one of the .txt files.
                          Oh BTW Wes, any guess on when the modern mod will be finished? It sounds really cool, and I can't wait to try it out.
                          ------------------
                          "Are those... live rounds?..."
                          "7.62 millimeter... Full metal jacket..."
                          (From the "Bathroom Scene", Full Metal Jacket)

[This message has been edited by Sniper (edited January 30, 2000).]
                          "Are those... live rounds?..."
                          "7.62 millimeter... Full metal jacket..."
                          (From the "Bathroom Scene", Full Metal Jacket)

Comment

No, actually flat-map support is not possible. It is SUPPOSED to be by editing userprofile.txt but that doesn't work right.

I'm afraid if anybody is ever going to make a WW2 scenario, they are going to have to do it with limited flat-map support via VB & import/export.
                            Don,
                            CtPMaps (Hosted by Apolyton)

Comment

Don,

Now we're on the subject, you would send me some files on flat-map support, but I still haven't received those. What the deal on that?

Julius,

If you want to know how to edit files, you might want to check out the modification-section of the CtP-website here at Apolyton. There's a lot of info on file-editing there. If you still have specific questions after doing so, you can ask those in the forums. File-editing is too complicated a subject to explain in a few words.

Locutus
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X