X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do we use "world map"?

I've downloaded a new 'world map'
    which look exactly like the real world
    we live in, how do I put this map to work?

That kind of depends on the format. There are several ways to store a map. As a scenario, as a savegame, as a text-file. You probably should read the readme.txt or other file. If no such file is included or you don't understand it or you're having other difficulties, tell me where you downloaded it: I'll download it myself and find out for you.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Barry,

Wow, I never knew there were so many sites about CtP out there... Anyway, most (or all) of the info there can be found on Apolyton anyway. But I didn't really need the search-engine since I already I know that site and that map too. Kind of stupid of the creators they didn't put in a readme, but it's understandable once you see how simple it is to get it to work:

The file is saved as a savegame-file. You can simply put it in any directory where savegames are stored (*your_civ_dir*\ctp_program\ctp\save\games\*any_ma p*) and then press the load game button from within the game. You will play with the Dutch. I think this can be changed if you want to, but it's been a long time since I did that, I'll need to try it first myself (ain't got the time right now)

It's a nice map, but nothing compared to the Mappus Giganticus Nordicus, which is due to come out very soon. I think it's the same size as the Gigantic map described on that Headquarter site, but then with new trade-goods and it's an earth map as well. However, I do recommend a powerfull computer for it, or it will be extremely slow

Hope I was of help,

Locutus

Comment

just go to www.mamma.com
        it's a search engine, than type in
        civilization call to power,
        it will bring up a list of related site,
        the site where I got this from is
        call"civilization call to power headquarter"

Comment

Thanks for your help,
          and by the way, can I change the starting
          point of the map, such as starting in Japan
          when playing Japenese?
          One ctp 1.2 patch, the cheap menu has a
          "reset loc" and "civ" botton , I
          don't know if they works. I can't try them for
          these couple days, cause I unistall the game,
          it's too good, I can't let myself keep playing and not doing anything else

Comment

Yes, I know what you mean with CtP being too good sometimes. At times I'm playing and editing the game more than is good for myself as well.

About the changing of your starting positions, this is indeed possible throught the cheat-menu. This is how you do it:

Go to the cheat-menu en click Show Map. Then click the Unit/City button and then Kill (the Kill button should be selected now). Click on your capital (i.e. Amsterdam) and the city will be destroyed. Now click on Civ and select the civ you want to play with. Then find a good starting location for this civ on the map and and place a size 1 city for the new civ on this location by clicking Kill again (it should be deselected now) and selecting 1 in the city-tab (should be selected) and clicking on the starting location. You might have to rename the city through the city-screen because in my case the new city was called Beijing1 instead of Beijing (I added the Chinese).

If you want you can relocate and replace the other civs as well you can do so by selecting the civ you want replaced first with the +/- buttons in the cheat-menu and then repeating the above procedure. In normal games you can do this as well but you don't have to relocate cities but settlers. These are located in the special-tab of the Unit/City-menu.

Oh, I almost forgot, after you're done relocating and replacing all civs, press Hide Map and Reset LOS to hide the map and make it look normal again.

Enjoy your game once you install it again

Locutus
            [This message has been edited by Locutus (edited January 15, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X