Help needed ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed ASAP!

In the CtPDG, I can't upload our game save (Apolyton "doesn't allow the file type") What extension is the game?

If I get it I can upload the save then

Why dont you just zip it first then?
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

In the CTP2 DG I kept wondering why the presidents uploaded zipped versions of the save game, until I had to do it myself .

Incidentally, there is no extension on the saved games (unless they happen to be PBEM saves) - and you could in fact rename it to have a valid extension and then upload it, but the would probably confuse people more than help .

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
        In the CTP2 DG I kept wondering why the presidents uploaded zipped versions of the save game, until I had to do it myself .
        Even if I could upload files with whatever extension or without extension, I wouldn't do it as long as the file is not be meant to be viewed on the net. On the one hand you have to think of the Apolyton server, its space is only limited so we should keep the size of files we upload as small as possible. On the other hand I think there are still users on the web with a slow connection so uploading files without compreseeing them is not nice to these users. And finally later the file size of our saves will go over the limit of 500000 bytes.

Originally posted by J Bytheway
        Incidentally, there is no extension on the saved games (unless they happen to be PBEM saves) - and you could in fact rename it to have a valid extension and then upload it, but the would probably confuse people more than help .
        Well savegames saved by the German version do have an extension, but it is not the right one.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X