How do I do this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I do this

I want to make a add-on mod for CD's mod that brings trade up to normal standards (e.g. 10 gold for 1 good), and make Labrinth a modern advance (Call it Global Trade Routes, then you don't have to change the movie ). Enabled with Corporation, obsoletes with AI Surveillance.

Re: How do I do this

Originally posted by Andrew29229
    I want to make a add-on mod for CD's mod that brings trade up to normal standards (e.g. 10 gold for 1 good), and make Labrinth a modern advance (Call it Global Trade Routes, then you don't have to change the movie ). Enabled with Corporation, obsoletes with AI Surveillance.
    Have you tried going to the Wonders.txt file, changing the advance requirements? This would resolve the periods issue. I have never renamed a Wonder I am sure its just a matter of the files

This is the Wonder Movie file, with name and corresponding avi file

MOVIE_LABYRINTH_OF_THE_MINOTAUR "GW02A.avi"

Then this from the Wonder icon file

ICON_WONDER_LABRYINTH_OF_THE_MINOTAUR "CW002F.tga" "null" "GAMEW002.txt" "HISTW002.txt" "PREQW002.txt" "VARIW002.txt" "UPW002.tga" "STATW002.txt"

so there are many files associated that would have to be altered.

I too like in my scenarios, having wonders good the whole game as well as not allowing pirating or pillaging, I mean, C'Mon, my folks work hard, dont wanna let anyone take it away from them!

Hope this helps some my friend!

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

To rename the wonder just open the gl_str.txt and find there the line:

WONDER_LABRYINTH_OF_THE_MINOTAUR "Labyrinth"

and change the string within the quotation marks there. There is no need to change WONDER_LABRYINTH_OF_THE_MINOTAUR in the wonders.txt or somewhere else that only makes the thing much complicated. Oh and you should also a take a look on the Great Library files to change the references there two.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
        To rename the wonder just open the gl_str.txt and find there the line:

WONDER_LABRYINTH_OF_THE_MINOTAUR "Labyrinth"

and change the string within the quotation marks there. There is no need to change WONDER_LABRYINTH_OF_THE_MINOTAUR in the wonders.txt or somewhere else that only makes the thing much complicated. Oh and you should also a take a look on the Great Library files to change the references there two.

-Martin
        Thanks
        Now I know!!

So, if I change Labrynth to say "Troll's Trading Emporium" I need only change the Gl str and what other files?

I went to C:\Program Files\Activision Value\Civilization-Call To Power\ctp_data\default\gamedata\gl

but nothing is in this file??

What file should I be using??

I am using EDITPLUS2 as a text editor.

What am I missing, without the obvious BRAINS!!

Oh, and as for Wonder.txt file I use that to alter the ages and when it is and is not allowed....works for me at least.

Thanks

Troll

Comment

The file you want is in ...\ctp_data\english\gamedata. Any file with explicit strings is in the english (or other language) folder, not the default one.

Comment

Yes as John stated you find all the string files in the ..\ctp_data\english\default folder. The Great Library entries can be found in the ..\ctp_data\english\gl\ folder in the gl.zfs file there. A zfs-reader by Martin the Dane can be found in the CTP2 section of the Apolyton directory. I think you just need to make an own version of a file you whish to replace found in the gl.zfs file and put into the gl folder.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Ok thanks, I am looking forward this weekend to getting into this!

I will reply if further assistance is needed!

Troll

Comment

What about the trade part? That is my main problem

Comment

You can alter the value of goods (and hence trade) in goods.txt.

Comment

Thanx!

Comment

Working...
                    X