Hi, I have a problem with ctp and the multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I have a problem with ctp and the multiplayer

Hi, hope you can help me, the problem is that everytime i try to play in the internet, the part were is connecting to the servers, it just stays in that part like is trying to connect but it can´t, i have a broadband and i don´t have any error messages, can any one help me?
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Well I already answerd the question in the CTP2 FAQ, as the soltuion is identical I just can rip it off (OK with a litte modification). (And I see that I have to correct my English. I will fix the text later, so that you know what I mean.)

Q23 If I want to start a MP game I can't enter the lobby. And why is the only on server on the list of servers available?
    A23 These are bugs caused by a defect servers.dat. It can be find in your ..\ctp_program\ctp\ folder. So you have to replace this file by a intact one. To get one use one of these links:
    The first place to look for it is the Apolyton Directory . Note this link is really the first choice, because we have here a dowload counter and you can rate and comment the file there. Alternativly it can be also found on my page and on the CTP1/2 Modmaker's Depot.

The file was created by the CivCTP.exe and can used with CTP2 as well, therefore don't wonder if you find it in the CTP2 secton of the Apolyton Directory.

Here is what Solver said about the issure in the MP FAQ:

Q: When I try to connect to game servers, it just keeps looking for servers all the time

A: This problem is well known and is associated with the servers.dat file expiring. You need to get a new version, ask someone to send it to you. I can not post it here, because the servers.dat file expires over time -- so this copy would also become uselesss over time. After you get the file, replace the current servers.dat file you got with it.
    -Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

thank you very much
      "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Martin, doesn't the servers.dat file from Directory get outdated?
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          Martin, doesn't the servers.dat file from Directory get outdated?
          That is a serious problem and it could happen, I put this file on my home page before Locutus put it into the directory. That was before I read your MP FAQ. Well if the file would be outdated right now. Odin1985 would have given us the information already. Now the file is in the directory and as long as it is there and up to date there is no need to remove it. Interestingly I found this file in the forum of Activision's German homepage. The file had the same date. The file can be also found somewhere deep in Activision's help section.

-Martin

Comment

As long as there are no changes in the servers, it will remain up-to-date. When there are changes, I will update the Directory as required...
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Right, just there's no sure way of knowing when the servers do change .

Comment

Erm... actually, as soon as you load the server list you can see if anything has changed...
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Solver can you give me a hint why the MP FAQ in the CTP MP forum I reffered to above disappeared, it contained some valuable information.

-Martin

Comment

Hmm, yes, it oddly disappeared somehow. I'm sure I had the thread there, and it was there yesterday. Let me seek it somewhere.

Comment

Even worse, search doesn't seem to able to locate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X