Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbarians

How do you stop those barbarians?

When you enter the future in CTP, the barbarians sometime capture 60% of all your cities without attacking. Why does this happen and how do you prevent it?
    I dont know if it is me thats midoing something wrong, but please help me!

You build the AI Entity, from my therory the AI Entity won't revolt if its city has a high level of happiness if it wouldn't be there I think a mind controll emitter should stop it. If this doesn't help save every turn and if the AI entity revolts go one turn back and waste a lot of peple on happiness.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Never build the AI Entity!
      So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

It probably happened because you built the AI Entity wonder, as Martin said. This wonder makes all your citizens content, but has as disadvantage that there's a chance that many of your cities will defect and join another civ or turn Barbarian (depending on the game settings). The latter is what happened in your case. You can prevent it by not building the AI Entity, or do as Martin said...
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I sort of like the AI Entity's revolt, since it provides a challenge and a use for my high-end military technology. I keep lots of War Walkers and Space Marines on hand in case it does revolt. Of course, you can't always predict which cities are going to revolt, and the AI Entity seized a bunch of my War Walkers that way once . . .

No! Memory bring pain!
          Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Thank you all for your replyes

But saddly it didn't help not building the AI entity, Because it happened when the biggest unit i had were a tank, and no AI entity. I had the tech from the second world war. The happiness could be a solution, but i think it were about 75 for all my cities. Should that not be enough?

Regards
            Fatzilla

Comment

DId you just switch governments? All you cities revolted from a happiness drop somehow.

If you switched from facsism, all your facist garrisons would disband, leaving your cities with no martial law happiness. If you switched from democracy (to communism for example) you may have gone over the city limit.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Perhaps you ran out of money and this forced your wages to drop - that can be disastrous.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
                  Perhaps you ran out of money and this forced your wages to drop - that can be disastrous.
                  And thats for sure!
                  First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Most governments can only support a certain number of cities successfully. If you exceed that number cities will start to revolt. For example I tried something just to see what would happen. I had the AI Entity so happiness was at 75. I had obtained it because another civ had built it and I had the Egalitarian Act so all of the revolting cities became mine. That gave me over 150 cites. Then I lost that city and the message popped up that said the govt I had(technocracy) couldn't support this many cities. I couldn't really do anything at that point so I just kept going to see what would happen. On the next turn 149 of my 150 cities revolted and I had only one left.

Comment

That never happens to me...I keep the number of cities down, but I space them out. Usually, instead of being a land power, I go into space at the first opportunity. Also, I NEVER BUILD the AI Entity...primarily because the idea of a big mind-controller thingy gives me the creeps.
                      Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Working...
                      X