CTP I/II with Apple computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP I/II with Apple computers

I know that CTP is available for Macs, but will the patches also work on a Mac? Also, will any of the mods from here work on a Mac?

I'm in need of a laptop, and I want to put CTP on it, but honestly CTP sucks without the mods!

Thanks for the knowledge!
    The wall of the Achaians

CTP1 mods are not really playable on a Mac because the 1.21 hack is not available for them. CTP2 I don't know.

Comment

Well, there is no Mac version for CtP2 so this is purely a CtP1 issue. For this reason I moved it to both CtP1-General and Mac-Call to Power (if it worked, never tried moving something to two forums before Edit: okay, so it didn't work You can repost the thread in Mac-CtP yourself if you want ), although the Mac-Call to Power forum would really be the proper place for this, it's pretty much dead so I doubt you'll get any useful feedback there Then again, you never know who might drop by, so I put it in both forums.

As far as CtP1 patches go, there are seperate patches for the Mac, check out the CtP1-Mac section for info and the Apolyton Directory for downloads.

As far as CtP1 mods go, I think most of them should work. You may want to check out some of the old threads in the Mac-Call to Power forum (note: I think you have to be logged in to be able to see that link properly, you can't view it as a guest if the server is too busy (which it usually is)), particularly this thread (but there may be others). The Mac version doesn't need the v1.21 Hack, it seems to work okay out-of-the-box (well, with patches installed anyway), though noone has been able to say so for sure. In short, your milage may vary with the mods
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the help, Locutus! That's why you are the goods.

I didn't even know that there was a Mac forum. That also explains why I could never find CTP 2 for Mac anywhere!
        The wall of the Achaians

Comment

Working...
        X