Bug: ghost images & pollution problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: ghost images & pollution problem

I have a problem with myself and a friend who are playing a series of games. I believe it is with his program because I play with others and do not have it with those games. Problem #1 - after we hve been playing a few turns (20 to 30) we start having units appear where they are not; they are in different squares. also some of the cities look like settlers with a city name above it and no cities size shown. This occurs only on computer players, not ours. the problem this creates is we accidently attack his units and it does not show how many are in his stacks of units correctly. Problem #2 - we play a game and get all the way up the conservation and such and when we build a recycling plant it does not reduce the pollution. Specifically it does show correctly if you look at the city under pollution, but it does not show it correctly using the diplomatic screen on pollution. The worst part is the game acts as though there is no recycling plant in use and continues to raise the pollution levels which affect happiness and the game will burn the squares around the city as though no pollution reducers are in effect. So the game is ruined and we cannot play anymore. We both have removed and reinstalled the game and have installed the patches (1.2 & 1.21) from the forum and that is all; although the game did this before and after the pataches were installed. Anyone ever heard of this before? Ken/dancemasseuse - yosemiteken@aol.com

High production is not the only factor that affects pollution negatively. Other factors to take into account are your type of government, space launches and attacks with nukes. Don't forget that the effects of pollution carry over some 3 to 5 turns. The only effective way to stop pollution dead on its tracks is building the Gaia C. Other wonders and celebrations can also help keep pollution in check occasionally. On a personal note, you deserve the black tiles. You've earned them!
    "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

actually I am aware of the other things that affect pollution and they also are not the factors in this case either. even if they carry over for 3 to 5 turns, that is not what is going on. In every other game I played it does not act the way I am talking about in those with this person. In this one remember I said the city pollution level screen says it is only 15, but the diplomatic screen says it is 130 and the game is responding as though it is 130. Now I built the recycling plant 5 to 10 turns earlier and it continued to climb on the diplomatic screen, but not when you read the city screen. Oh, and I always go for the Gaia C. first, even though it makes it so slow going for space and sea growth. And no I did not deserve those black squares, I really did build them in time to prevent them, lol. Like I said it acts different in games with him than anyone else I have played.

Comment

Working...
      X