Use of the Corporate Branch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of the Corporate Branch

Is franchising considered a hostile act? This morning I did it to about ten of my neighbor's cities, and then he declared war on me out of the blue (the little face in the diplomacy screen was frowning beforehand, though).
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

No it is not. But other civs may frown upon it. Production stolen from cities goes to your PW. And the AI will attack for no reason at anytime. While it holds an allience better than those from civ2, it still does not garuntee safty.
    So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Re: Use of the Corporate Branch

Originally posted by Mr. President
      Is franchising considered a hostile act? This morning I did it to about ten of my neighbor's cities, and then he declared war on me out of the blue (the little face in the diplomacy screen was frowning beforehand, though).
      I had nuked you, if you had done that toward me 10 times in one single turn.

But I would have given you a warning, if you only had made one "deal". Afterall, the loss is small and it is easy to nullify it.
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Is franchising considered a hostile act?
        You bet!
        "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

Let's put it this way: if I stole your production, would you regard it a hostile act?
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I could francies all your cities and we would not be at war unless you attack me or visa versa. But I dont think you would be happy with me. I would say it is more aggressive than hostile. As behind the lawyer suing your cities.
            So one guy turns to another guy and says "T.A.I." His friends says "What?" He responds by saing "Think about it;)"

Comment

Ah, thanks. I'll be using them to provoke hostility somewhere down the line.
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

That's the spirit! Provoke 'em!

They declare war, and you are allowed to wipe them out! (Never agree to a peace treaty with the AI!) Remember, you're defending yourself!

Hey, it's easier than you think! Just before you achieve Bureaucracy, build excess Warriors. They don't cost much to maintain, and are good targets for aggressive opponents. Being weak, they are easily defeated. Let your Warrior wander around a foreign civilization, and maybe fortify him on a working farm or mine. After a couple of rounds, you well might be in a war!

If you need to make it easy for the enemy, build some cheap fishing nets. They seem to be favorite targets of the AI, and if you don't really need the excess food, and have excess Siege Engines or Cannons hanging around, that's a sure fire way to expand your empire!

Hail victory!

Comment

Re: Use of the Corporate Branch

Originally posted by Mr. President
                  Kinda Funny though, thye do it 'til the Cows Come Home, Oh its ok with them, but let you do it and WHAM..they get all red-faced

But for real, AI in this game goes from "Content" [neutral] to Full-Blown-Panties-N-A-Wad

So I say

attack first,

attack fast,

attack often

attack last!!

Troll
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                  X