CD Mod v4.22 Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Mod v4.22 Errors

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I am having a problem with the CD Mod v4.22. Basically now I have installed it (following the instructions) I am getting the following errors:

SLIC Error:

C:\Program Files\Activistion \Civilization-Call To power\ctp_data\default\gamedata\script.slc:2882:CO NTROLPANELwINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_DESERTS not found in string databse

This error comes up a few times (with different terrain types) then when I create a new game no terrain tiles get drawn at all.

Has anyone else experienced this, and does anyone know how to fix it?

Cheers,
    Dosey

Firstly - have you got the patch installed? This is vital.

If you have, then I can't say much specific because I don't have that mod, but it looks like not all the files unzipped correctly/in the right place. Try doing a search in the CTP deirectory for files containing the string which the error refers to (CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_DESERTS) - The CD mod script.slc will be one result, and with luck there should be another too. If not then you might want to try unzipping again, or redownloading...

Comment

Originally posted by skorpion59 a long, long time ago
      That is a known problem with CD's 422 mod. You have to paste the following into the \ctp_data\english\help_str.txt file. It was left out when CD upgraded his mod for V1.2.

##Terra tab help
      ##added 7-2-99

CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_DESERTS "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform desert tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into desert is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_FORESTS "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform forest tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into forest is 820 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_GRASSLAND "Toolmaking is required to terraform grassland tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into grassland is 450 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_HILLS "Explosives is required to terraform hill tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into hill is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_RAINFOREST "Agricultural Revolution is required to terraform jungle tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into jungle is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_ALPINE "Fusion is required to terraform mountain tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into mountain is 8020 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_SAVANNAH "Toolmaking is required to terraform savannah tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into savannah is 220 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_SWAMPS "Industrial Revolution is required to terraform swamp tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into swamp is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_TUNDRA "Advanced Composites is required to terraform tundra tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into tundra is 1620 PW."
      CONTROLPANELWINDOW_TERRASWITCHES_GLACIERS "Advanced Composites is required to terraform glacier tiles. Minimum cost to terraform a tile into glacier is 4020 PW."

A better alternative is to just use the Apolyton pack. It doesn't have the problem.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Apolyton bug?! and Thanks!

I tried the Apolyton pack, but whilst it went through the install process correctly, when I ran the game none of the changes were visible (ie no new gov. types or library enhancements, etc.)

Thanks for the reply though, I'll try it this evening!

Dosey

Comment

IIRC the Apolyton Pack should be started as a scenario, not a regular game. Did you do that?
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

i tried the apolyton pack as well and get invalid file errors. Where does it need to be downloaded to?? I use a download manager so it doesnt download into the ctp folders, does it have to?? i get no read me with it. and the full read me is no longer available?????????
            why cant u make it simple instead of this change string this and edit that text there?????????
            Last edited by ronnyJnrJnr; August 16, 2003, 10:36.
            Give me a bottle of anything.... and a glazed donut, to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ronnyJnrJnr
              i tried the apolyton pack as well and get invalid file errors. Where does it need to be downloaded to??
              As far as I remember, the Apolyton pack for CtP is an executable, you just have to run the exe and, when you are asked to, point at the C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call to Power folder to install it. No more difficult than installing a PC game.

I use a download manager so it doesnt download into the ctp folders, does it have to??
              No.

Beware, download managers are sometimes the source of problems, file downloaded on Apolyton with a Download Manager are sometimes corrupted.

I get no read me with it. and the full read me is no longer available?????????
              Once the Apolyton Pack is installed, four files are added in the C:\Program Files\Activision\Civilization-Call to Power folder:

cdanalysisv2.0.xls (details the mod's numerical changes)
              cdmodv4.2.xls (details the mod's numerical changes)
              Readme.rtf (explains the changes and the philosophy behind them)
              README.TXT (talking about Harlan's graphic units mod)

why cant u make it simple instead of this change string this and edit that text there?????????
              Believe me, this IS simple... I can do it!
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
              X