Making a city start bigger than size One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a city start bigger than size One

In CTP2 you had a unit start size 3..is it possible to alter the size that a settler makes a city?

I see where you can make it so that a settler being spawned wont take away a POP..but I would like to make it so a settler starts a bigger size city.

I am also working toward makinf settlers excluded at a later age..I understand you can just add an advance under Obsolence..or however it is listed...

I configured my diffb file to slow down game in turns per year..so I was looking to make it where basically you build a bunch early then prety much its war or famine to survive...

Let me know feedback!

~Peace~

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

An additional point, I would like as an alternative, to restrict settlers past "TURN "X"..as in say turn 150...thus making it a mute point whatever your science stauts is..just when the game reaches turn 150..or whatever..no more settlers..

I am toying with various ideas..SAY..what if it was possible that when the world reached "Blank" # of cities..thats if..of course, [I am not sure if its possible] the game could count the TOTAL number of cities between all players or not.....so this may be too far fetched..~sigh~

Just thinking outloud...

Let me know!!

Troll

Comment

Dunno if the Unit Flag exists in CtP, I doubt it, since Dutcheese had to use SLIC to achieve the effect in his quick-start scenario.

This should work:
      Code:
      trigger 'MakeCities' when (city.built) {
      AddPops(city.1,4);
      }
      I've never actually used SLIC1, so I have no idea if this will work properly. Maybe Locutus or John will correct my syntax...
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I thank you so much!

This trigger works superb!

This is quite a help!

Now it hasnt given me another building block!

I really appreciate all your help my friend, and although I am a poor man, my gratitude is Great!

Troll

Comment

except that'll make it start size 5, no? This ok? I'm sure you can figure out that change needed for 3.
          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
            except that'll make it start size 5, no? This ok? I'm sure you can figure out that change needed for 3.
            Correct, simply change he number after the "1" to whatever.

I do appreciate the help my friend!

And for the record, I am monitoring the AI's progress, my neighbors, why they are nothing but Silly Wabbits!! They be producing cities like crazy too!!

I'l post what happens later in agme if this continues to work out, Ultra Pressure Machinery and we all be cut off the Settlers producing machine!

Made that as the Obsolesence for them!

~Peace~

Troll

Comment

Working...
            X