More Trigger/SLIC assistance needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Trigger/SLIC assistance needed!

I am just toying around here with various scenario ideas!

I was wondering about this:

A-Would it be possible to give a free settler when you did something, like say you built three facilities..maybe for instance a Mill,Factory and Oil Refinery..and you get a free Settler in each city that did it

Kinda like rewarding you for for your production.

Also maybe make it so it didnt take away a population.

B-Wondering if a trigger could be made so that say , I believe in CTP2 a small feat of wonder I think it was called, where you build "X" of something and get a reward, I was thinking say for building 30 Banks you would have a trigger giving you either a flat amount of gold or even "X" gold per city with a bank or maybe "X" gold per population in the civilization,

Just exploring potential ideas!

Ill keep thinking and posting and reading-researching feedback!

~Peace~

Troll

I am again, trying to learn more and as allways thanks for all the feedback!

We do have a great community here and I am just looking to do some various scenario making..mostly my own pleasure, but would have no problems sharing with anyone my files at anytime anyone wants them!

Later!!
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Originally posted by Troll
    To prevent the settler not to remove a pop when it is build just go to the UNIT_SETTLER entry in the unit.txt and remove there the speacieal flag:

BUILDING_REMOVES_A_POP

So no slic is needed in this case.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

To prevent the settler not to remove a pop when it is build just go to the UNIT_SETTLER entry in the unit.txt and remove there the speacieal flag:

BUILDING_REMOVES_A_POP

So no slic is needed in this case.

-Martin
      Copy that!

In a related issue, (SLIC) that is, I am play on a scenario I made, and the SLIC, thanks to J Blythway and your input, has been working great!

Then comes a reoccurring problem:

No special time, just crashes to desktop, prompting me to report to Activision.

I dont of course, report.

I try to reload but keeps crashing. Then it takes and all is ok, for like 30+ turns then Crash again!

My question is this:

Is it normal for the game to just crash in the middle of a game? I mean, all i working fine for say 40+ turns then BAM! it happens!

I know I did a bunch of tweaking, but it works then at no definable point, BAM its over!

Oh well, back to drawing board!

BTW, I have an Athlon 700 with 256 Ram and a 32 Bit Radeon VE Graphics Card.

I am at 88% Resources and well, maybe with 6 Civs on a 200 X 300 X 2 Map, maybe my PC just cant handle it??

Another thing, I can play all I want on Regular World, (NON-SPACE) but when I try to go to space LOCKUP CITY!

~Sigh~

Ill keep tweaking!

Peace!

Troll

Comment

Then comes a reoccurring problem:

No special time, just crashes to desktop, prompting me to report to Activision.

I dont of course, report.

I try to reload but keeps crashing. Then it takes and all is ok, for like 30+ turns then Crash again!

My question is this:

Is it normal for the game to just crash in the middle of a game? I mean, all i working fine for say 40+ turns then BAM! it happens!

I know I did a bunch of tweaking, but it works then at no definable point, BAM its over!
        I never saw the game crashing like this at least I can't recall something like this. The only hard crash series I recall was when I opened the science manager with a lot of cities on the map. And the other hard crash series was when I had a lot of cities too, when I tried to reload the game, deleteing userprofile.txt and another files helped everytime before reloading. It was gone after installing the hack patch 1.21.

Oh well, back to drawing board!

BTW, I have an Athlon 700 with 256 Ram and a 32 Bit Radeon VE Graphics Card.

I am at 88% Resources and well, maybe with 6 Civs on a 200 X 300 X 2 Map, maybe my PC just cant handle it??

Another thing, I can play all I want on Regular World, (NON-SPACE) but when I try to go to space LOCKUP CITY!

~Sigh~

Ill keep tweaking!

Peace!

Troll
        I played CTP1 on a K6 233 with 64 MB Ram, don't recall the graphic card, but it had a problem when the graphic wasn't refreshed. I was able to smudge the graphics, it was an interesting effect in CTP1 and CTP2, but it isn't present on my new (actually now more then a year old) computer. I played on gigantic maps and started my games with ten civs and had in the end more then 300 cities. The game was slow it took ages to manage everything and doinig something in space was very slow (fortunatly not as slow as in Civ2), you could think that this would be a log up, but you had to wait a lot.

-Martin

Comment

I just restarted a new game, resized my map..now 200 X 300 and as of yet, no crashes.

I also reinstalled slic and rewrote the triggers.

BTW, whats the slic.bak file?..is it a Backup??..just wondering..

Thanks

Bruce

Comment

BTW, whats the slic.bak file?..is it a Backup??..just wondering..
            Yes this are really backup files, I guess you use EditPlus2, it does everytime you save a backup of the file if you overwrite the old version, I think this feature can be disbled somewhere, but this backup also helped me sometime not to loose the entire file.

-Martin

Comment

A-Would it be possible to give a free settler when you did something, like say you built three facilities..maybe for instance a Mill,Factory and Oil Refinery..and you get a free Settler in each city that did it
              Indeed, this would be done by a trigger checking each time such a building is built, whether the other two are already present, and if so create a free settler. This could be abused, though, since a city could keep buildung and selling its mill to produce many settlers. But that's not a big deal for your purposes.

Certainly. It would in fact be harder (but possible) to make such a settler decrease the population, since it is created by code "out of thin air".

B-Wondering if a trigger could be made so that say , I believe in CTP2 a small feat of wonder I think it was called, where you build "X" of something and get a reward, I was thinking say for building 30 Banks you would have a trigger giving you either a flat amount of gold or even "X" gold per city with a bank or maybe "X" gold per population in the civilization,
              Indeed, again, just monitor each time such a building is built and count the existing ones. Use a global variable (I'm fairly certain you can have those in SLIC, though not totally so - it's been too long since I checked) to prevent the feat being achieved more than once.

Comment

Working...
              X