Const.txt file question(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Const.txt file question(s)

In const.txt I am tweaking various parameters, in regards to Rivers, what does "Cell" refer to? Is it a certain "Square" or area? and if so, what would the size mean?

What I am curious about is, how to lengthen and also increase amount of times rivers appear on a map.
    I am currently working with a fairly good size map with I believe 210 X 320 X 2 and want to get more rivers.

I see the lines, but in regards to "cells" it would greatly assist if I knew what this meant, EXACTLY!

Thanks in Advance.

I understand, by the way, that unpredictable results occur when you start tweaking game files, just looking for input on what someone may have already experienced and overcome!

Thx much!

Peace!

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I don't know exactly, but I think a cell is just a 'chunk' of squares on the map, approximately of the size specified in the appropriate constant.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
      I don't know exactly, but I think a cell is just a 'chunk' of squares on the map, approximately of the size specified in the appropriate constant.

Hmm, Ok, I shall try on a small map to see if I can detect differences while changing them,

Thanks for help!

Troll

Comment

Another possibility would be to use a very high number for this value and watching what would be happen and then decreasing the number to get a better result if the seen effect was something that would be good in a slighter version.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
          Another possibility would be to use a very high number for this value and watching what would be happen and then decreasing the number to get a better result if the seen effect was something that would be good in a slighter version.

-Martin
          Yeah, thats what I am gonna do..I believe what I am gonna do is still setup my scenario, follow your advice, (Increase the number greatly) then open cheat window, expose map and monitor..when I get desired effect, simply use it and start a fresh game!

Ill keep posted!

Also, many thanks Martin!

Troll

Comment

Cell refers to the number of tiles.

Not 1-to-1 (I think) but relative according to the size of the map.

If you "play" a little with these parameters, I think you will get the fastest way to find out.

RUINS_BOX_WIDTH 6
            RUINS_BOX_HEIGHT 6
            RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX 1.0

If you changed the value for RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX 1.0 to say 4.0 or 5.0, it might give you an idea. Again, I am on work and can't try it out first.

I do know, that RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX 0.0 gives (Zero) ruins. I play such a game with BerXpert right now, and I have not seen even the shaddow of a ruin yet.
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by TheBirdMan
              Cell refers to the number of tiles.

Not 1-to-1 (I think) but relative according to the size of the map.

If you "play" a little with these parameters, I think you will get the fastest way to find out.

RUINS_BOX_WIDTH 6
              RUINS_BOX_HEIGHT 6
              RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX 1.0

If you changed the value for RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX 1.0 to say 4.0 or 5.0, it might give you an idea. Again, I am on work and can't try it out first.

I do know, that RUINS_CHANCE_PER_BOX 0.0 gives (Zero) ruins. I play such a game with BerXpert right now, and I have not seen even the shaddow of a ruin yet.
              Correct, because I have increased the number to 4...while decreasing what is allowed, I think, IIRC, 7% for settler,0% for city,maybe 5% for units and 5% for advance ment with rest for gold, values between 350 and 950....IIRC...

Just looking for a sure fires way to have a huge rivers layout, randomly generated and have been tewaking somewhat, looking, as allways, for input from someone who may have already been down this road

Thanks for response Birdman!!

Say..on an related note seen Faded Glory-Hole lately??

Troll

Comment

Working...
              X