for anyone new to ctp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for anyone new to ctp

Ive been playing ctp for about 1 year now and only just realized that if you build roads between your traid citys traid routs will follow the roads. for newbys this is a good idea becouse it makes them easyer to defend
    Blessed Be

Good tip

Comment

Yes, but if you build the road when a route is already created you need to "reset" the trade route to make it follow the new road.

To reset a route enter into the trade window, select the good / city you want to reset from the list and click reset.

Not always the traid pass through the road, but sure it's a better way to defend them.

Comment

thought it might be a good Idear if newbes want to find basik tips this couid be a threed for that what do you guys think. meens that more advanced players would need to post
        Blessed Be

Comment

I've found it useful to just totally redraw my trade routes every once in a while. For instance, while at one time it was better to ship elephant from Una Vida to Hungo Pavi, Una Vida may have gone through a population explosion and be a much city for your elephant monopoly now.
          "It is not enough that you defeat your enemy. You must show him that he was wrong to oppose you in the first place." --Gul Dukat

Comment

Hmm... it is a better way to defend them, but say:

The city yours sending the good is 20 tiles away, with a swamp in between.

The city you traded to has just been captured.

Whoops! You just gave them a road to your next city

Comment

Another tip is when your advance is 1 turn away from being researched, put down the amount of gold going into science until it turns to 2, then put it back up a notch.

the increase in gold is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by redbull
                Another tip is when your advance is 1 turn away from being researched, put down the amount of gold going into science until it turns to 2, then put it back up a notch.

the increase in gold is amazing.
                But that extra research would have carried over into the next advance, so doing this will slow down your research.

Comment

A small question slightly off topic too, does production carry over too? Like when a building has one turn left and the city produces more than enough production, so does it carry over to the next item in the queue or does it just get "wasted", or conversely pumped into PW?

My gut feeling is that the extra production just gets dumped before the next item comes in the queue.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I'm fairly sure excess production is lost. Whenever a new improvement is built the progress bar is empty for me.

Comment

A question about resetting trade routes.

I've noticed that when I reset all of my traderoutes (to a more favourable) my gold income drops drastically (even when I change it back to what it was, it drops even further). Was this a bug that's been fixed by one of the patches?

Comment

Working...
                      X