Edisons lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edisons lab

Just a bit of a Question guys. Im doing well normaly and can get a feew wonders on daity but each time I go for eds lab the Ai gets it before me How can I get it.
    Blessed Be

Re: Edisons lab

Originally posted by geoffrey arnold
    Just a bit of a Question guys. Im doing well normaly and can get a feew wonders on daity but each time I go for eds lab the Ai gets it before me How can I get it.
    Increase your science..try this:

Build mines to produce gold..build caravans to increase gold
    try MAX hours ina city..MAX wages and minimum rations..to produce quicker...
    GOLD
    did i mention GOLD??

Troll
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

The mines part is really important. In addition to the gold to push through the advances, you will have the production power in place to build the wonder quickly. My usual strategy is to not spend any PW once I am within 20 turns or so of getting electricity. Then I pop in advanced mines over all the mines in my big production city. The AI rarely hordes PW so even if the AI has a head start on Edison's, you'll easily catch up and finish it first.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

I usually prepare for a backup option in case I lose the Ed. Lab race. I keep three or more ships loaded with cannons and a couple of ships with Muskets and such. If I lose the race, I attack the city that built the Lab. To increase the chances of success, I typically have a smaller army attack a city next to the city with Ed. Lab. This often redirects the enemy units from Ed. Lab city to the neighbor making my task easier. Then I continue to take over a few more cities from the same civ. and am often rewarded with advances.

At some point after I make my peace with that civ.

_arthaguru

Comment

Working...
        X