What to go for next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to go for next

Ive got the sequence of sciences in the early part of the game down pat but I need to know wht siances to go for after the agricultural revalution. Thats when I seem to start falling behind. Please help
    Blessed Be

Try the Multiplayer Strategy Guide, and it will give tons of hints. I may sugest this one for you.

On land where you can grow BIG CITIES, like near Ocean or on Grassland, get them BIG (11+)and put on MAX Science (dont build Production facilities here)

On land where you have EXCELLENT Production , such as Hill, Mountains and Rivers, build the production failities, i.e. Mills, Factories, oil Refineries, Drug Stores, ect.)

Rememebr this, ALLWAYS remember that Gold fuels growth through Science advancement, any thing, (Mines, Banks,City Clocks, Televisiosn, ect. Caravans) will contribute to the gold thats great!)

As for Science advancement, depends on Land, if its Land, I go for banking if its Ocean then Ocean Faring(Big Nets), Mechanical Clock (City Clock) and then Machine Tools (Ship of Line or what people refer to as SOL)

Good Luck, see you around my friend!

Troll
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Erm... Is that picture totally random or what?..

On an on-topic note: City clocks are very time-consuming to build considering they only give you a little gold (2 per pop with marketplace and bank), and IMHO except in big cities you'd be better off putting the production into infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
        Erm... Is that picture totally random or what?..

On an on-topic note: City clocks are very time-consuming to build considering they only give you a little gold (2 per pop with marketplace and bank), and IMHO except in big cities you'd be better off putting the production into infrastructure.
        I love to explain things, The PIX of the SHOES is to show the Game of CTP..and the Man inside, kinda lost in the largeness is HIM as in he has BIG SHOES to fit before he can become an expert..or from a more famous FICTIONAL CHARACTER ..LUKE,YOU WILKL BE A JEDI-KINIGHT SOON!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Actually city clocks have saved the day a few times especially in long games ie: PBEM.

I took over a civ recently and built city clocks ok the beginng His civ rioted no cash so I put for one turn everything on Capital. I saved the civ but...no gold was still the problem so I built city clocks. Took 1-2 turns each no biggy. Now the civ gets 3578 gold per turn.
          Nice production is back to normal and the civ climbed the pg.

After mills it's a toss up either go straight for commie or side track and go for SOL's. Depends on the game you are in. If online go for sols if more casual go for commie,
          hope that helped.
          “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
          Or do we?

Comment

What

Blackice what are sols. thanks for the tip
            Blessed Be

Comment

Re: What

Originally posted by geoffrey arnold
              Blackice what are sols. thanks for the tip
              Geoff,

Allways read all posts, helps a lot my friend, I had posted that answer above, just for you!!

Ok,, Il help you out some more my friend, S hip O f the L ine, those neat Bombarding,troop carying units of the high seas!!

Troll

Comment

Working...
              X