Terraforming questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming questions?

I am toying with different strategies and ways to be more competitive.

One issue that i am s-l-o-w-l-y grasping is the terrain improvement/terraforming issue.

My question is this:

I understand how to terraform, BUT..does it give a better bonus say instead of terraforming grassland (which gives great growth) straight to an advanced Mine (available Electricity) (great gold & production)to FIRST build an Advanced Farm (available Agriculture Revolution) THEN build an advanced Mine on the Advanced Farm?

I am curious as to if anyone has tried this?

Will this give more value to the advanced mine? or should I say the "Tile" thats its on, or is that a waste of time?

Thanks

Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

As usual, I have some difficulty deciphering your post (), but I can say (sorry if you knew all this and it was obvious):

If you place a mine on a square with a farm you lose the farm benefit.

Mines are more beneficial on hills than grasslands, and more on mountains than hills - so if you can afford to then terraform up before mining.

Personally I only mine grasslands when there are no better terrains around, and then that usually means a whole city radius of grass/plains, so I allocate a few squares to production and a few to food, and then (if I have the PW) I might improve more than the city is using so that it can switch from production to food as required. I've never had so much PW that switching back and forth would be affordable...
    Last edited by J Bytheway; July 23, 2002, 20:09.

Comment

Originally posted by J Bytheway
      As usual, I have some difficulty deciphering your post (), but I can say (sorry if you knew all this and it was obvious):

If you place a mine on a square with a farm you lose the farm benefit.

Mines are more beneficial on hills than grasslands, and more on mountains than hills - so if you can afford to then terraform up before mining.

Personally I only mine grasslands when there are no better terrains around, and then that usually means a whole city radius of grass/plains, so I allocate a few squares to production and a few to food, and then (if I have the PW) I might improve more than the city is using so that it can switch from production to food as required. I've never had so much PW that switching back and forth would be affordable...
      Yeah, I have tendencey to talk in circles!!

But basically, I was wondering if you made a grassland into a farm then a mine would mine be worth more
      than a mine on a grassland?

I.E. does the farm ADD any value to the land the mine is going on?
      I guess you are saying..NO..since you lose the value of the farm.

Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
      X